SEO tips for a beginner

PedroP

Hello, everyone, my name is Pedro and I just got into the world of website building and content creation! I have researched some very basic SEO tips like using keywords and such but still haven't been able to rank my site in Google. Can the veterans give me some advice?

Thanks!

jpy

Well, first of all, guest posting and social media promotion should be a big help. On top of that, there is some minor boosting that could come from forum signatures, blog comments, social bookmarking, resource pages, and high-quality directories - and finally, there are more complex issues like how long a person stays on your site and whether or not they are specifically searching for it.

However, though, note that some of these opinions are coming from what seems like the scene in SEO. But the reality might be quite different. In that case, it might pay to look at the backlinking scheme of some already high ranking domains.

Last edited:

JoeMilford

Well, first of all, guest posting and social media promotion should be a big help. On top of that, there is some minor boosting that could come from forum signatures, blog comments, social bookmarking, resource pages, and high-quality directories - and finally, there are more complex issues like how long a person stays on your site and whether or not they are specifically searching for it.

However, though, note that some of these opinions are coming from what seems like the scene in SEO. But the reality might be quite different. In that case, it might pay to look at the backlinking scheme of some already high ranking domains.

jpy,

You have provided some great info and advice here--I am also new to this world, and am constantly looking to others who have "come before me" to get ideas and to figure out my own style of approaching this stuff. Your caution that "the scene" might be different than the reality, which probably changes more rapidly than the overall scene, is a good one.

PedroP

I have created a Facebook recently for that very same purpose! Also, i began reading the Google SEO guide in the hopes of getting some insight of what I should and shouldn't be doing. Never thought that website building could be this hard but with enough effort, we all get there one day!

Gifthoy

Hello @PedroP to build your site to rank well on search engines,

First you have to look into your keywords, this will help you rank on search engines regarding on what people search, I believe you will know about the " google keyword planner" that helps you know the keyword that is trending for you to make use of when making a post,

You also have to take a look at keywordtool.io , this will help and give you some options to choose on a keyword to help you rank well on search engines...

After this steps what next... You have to take your content very serious, because of the way Google reduce the rank of sites with low quality content and rank the ones with high quality content (google panda) will look into that on my next post, So while you make those quality content you try and put some keywords that can help you for context links , this also helps in ranking,

Then the most important too is the link building try and build more links to your site by making some forum post, and linking your post to your site this can really help you make some good traffics to your site and also rank you well,

They are so many tips to give out but let me reserve it for the next person to post ... Thanks a lot for sharing with us your problems take care..

PedroP

Hello @PedroP to build your site to rank well on search engines,

First you have to look into your keywords, this will help you rank on search engines regarding on what people search, I believe you will know about the " google keyword planner" that helps you know the keyword that is trending for you to make use of when making a post,

You also have to take a look at keywordtool.io , this will help and give you some options to choose on a keyword to help you rank well on search engines...

After this steps what next... You have to take your content very serious, because of the way Google reduce the rank of sites with low quality content and rank the ones with high quality content (google panda) will look into that on my next post, So while you make those quality content you try and put some keywords that can help you for context links , this also helps in ranking,

Then the most important too is the link building try and build more links to your site by making some forum post, and linking your post to your site this can really help you make some good traffics to your site and also rank you well,

They are so many tips to give out but let me reserve it for the next person to post ... Thanks a lot for sharing with us your problems take care..
Thanks for the insight! I have been focusing very much on my content quality and the people who took a look appreciated. Now i will move on to focus on SEO and how to rank my site better. Thanks for the tips!

Raeann Bell

The Beginner's guide to Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is an in-depth tutorial on how search engines work. This guide covers the fundamental strategies that make your websites search engine–friendly. Download your copy of the world's most-read guide on SEO.

vinaya

You do search engine optimization today and you are expecting the rtesults tomorrow. This does not happen in the online world Forst of all your site should be idexed on the search engine page. It takes months to get indexed. You can seepd the process by pinging your website o various search engines. Secandly, in ortdert to gain trust from search engines, you site should have enough contents and quality contents.

PedroP

That's a very good point you have shared. I do tend to be a little anxious about results. Still, I am trying hard to update my website with quality content at least twice a week. Hoping for the best but you're right. Things in Life take time to develop.

vishwa

Well first you have to focus on Onpage SEO like creating quality and relevant content. Use proper keywords, Using H1, H2 headings in the post etc. After doing it you can focus on off page SEO activity like creating quality backlinks. For this you can use Social Media sites, increase your social media presence. Do blog commenting on relevant blogs, Do guest posting on high authority blogs, Using of Web 2.0 Sites etc. These are some of the fundamental ways to increase your site visibility in search engine result page.

JohnQ

A real good way to start learning about SEO is to read up on the subject at the top SEO websites. a good one to check out is the Moz.com blog. They have all sorts of great SEO tips and other good information that can help you out.

Raeann Bell

Below would be just five no brainer ideas that will assist you maximize your website, even although you are an search engine optimization newbie.
  • Locate and utilize relevant key terms.
  • Grab your self some Non Spammy back-links.
  • Produce a site and inform Google about This.
  • Most importantly, compose articles to human beings.

PedroP

Below would be just five no brainer ideas that will assist you maximize your website, even although you are an search engine optimization newbie.
  • Locate and utilize relevant key terms.
  • Grab your self some Non Spammy back-links.
  • Produce a site and inform Google about This.
  • Most importantly, compose articles to human beings.
Simple and effective! Thanks!

Dean

Can the veterans give me some advice?
probably the best advice I can give you is to read as much on SEO as you possibly can AND make sure what you are reading is current and not several years old. SEO changes so much over time that reading and keeping up on the latest best practices and things to avoid doing can really help.

Read SEO topics on good sites like these:

moz.com/blog
searchengineland.com
marketingland.com
searchenginewatch.com
backlinko.com

It's just a matter of reading about SEO and then going out there are giving it a shot.

One good thing that you can do is to setup some kind of test site to try out the SEO things that you learn and see how it works out before testing it on your real site. That way if you do something wrong you won't hurt the good one.

You can setup something on wordpress.com, blogger.com or something along those lines.

You can also buy a cheap domain from someplace like Namecheap for less than $1 and put it on a cheap of free hosting plan and test things that way. That's usually the way that I go for testing.

PedroP

probably the best advice I can give you is to read as much on SEO as you possibly can AND make sure what you are reading is current and not several years old. SEO changes so much over time that reading and keeping up on the latest best practices and things to avoid doing can really help.

Read SEO topics on good sites like these:

moz.com/blog
searchengineland.com
marketingland.com
searchenginewatch.com
backlinko.com

It's just a matter of reading about SEO and then going out there are giving it a shot.

One good thing that you can do is to setup some kind of test site to try out the SEO things that you learn and see how it works out before testing it on your real site. That way if you do something wrong you won't hurt the good one.

You can setup something on wordpress.com, blogger.com or something along those lines.

You can also buy a cheap domain from someplace like Namecheap for less than $1 and put it on a cheap of free hosting plan and test things that way. That's usually the way that I go for testing.
Thanks for the insight Dean. Unfortunately you either read or hire someone to do it for you (In that case you won't learn!) So reading is the only way!
Thanks for the tip!

Dean

Thanks for the insight Dean. Unfortunately you either read or hire someone to do it for you (In that case you won't learn!) So reading is the only way!
Thanks for the tip!
You are welcome Pedro and you are right about reading being the way to go so that you learn. I am far from any kind of expert but I know a lot more that I used to by just reading about it all the time.

Cheers.