SEO Advice Required

Waqass

I am little weak on SEO side and have been trying to achieve good rankings with some keyword. For instance i am continuously making back links for "Fastest Web Hosting" but my ranking doesn't come below 30. What is the reason behind it. What factors I am missing here which need to be focused. Can anyone provide advice.

LLRhodes

I am little weak on SEO side and have been trying to achieve good rankings with some keyword. For instance i am continuously making back links for "Fastest Web Hosting" but my ranking doesn't come below 30. What is the reason behind it. What factors I am missing here which need to be focused. Can anyone provide advice.
Not sure but a few things to consider:
Are you being too impatient?
Google probably doesn't crawl your site every day.
I read some where reliable that Google may only crawl a small site once every 2 to 4 weeks.
Nothing in SEO, in my opinion is quick.

What quality are the backlinks you've built?
Have you build so many that Google sees it as spam?

You have a lot of competition.
Is there a long tail or variation that still gets searches but not so much competition?

The other thing I notice when I search is that Google is first paging sites that are actually measuring speed, not making claims or talking about speed.

Poster

LLRhodes is right..
Also quality of your forum content is important too..
If the quality is not high, then it won't matter much because the backlinks will be LQ.
Create content that will draw attention to more users.
You should read up more on how SEO works and you'll understand it eventually

Dean

Hi Waqass, Do you know if the backlinks that you are building are dofollow links? If the links are just nofollow links then they won't be passing any link juice to your site to help it's rankings.

These days so many sites have their outbound links all set as nofollow which really won't help the sites they are linking to. I would look there first.

You can also look for some quality dofollow sites to build links from by just doing a Google search for something like "dofollow link sites" or another similar phrase. If you can get some good quality links that are dofollow then that should help your site.

Hope this helps. :)

Cheers, Dean.

ulterios

I went and checked your site and noticed a couple of things that you might want to look at.

First, the page is taking 5 to 6 seconds to load where I am at (US) and if you can shave a couple seconds of that it will give you a slight boost. Not much but it should help a little.

Second, I was looking at your meta keywords and here is what you have:

<meta name="keywords" content="hostmayo,ssd,cpanel,fastwebhosting,listspeed,cheaphosting,wordpresshosting," />

Now the keywords aren't going to make a big difference but I noticed that there are no spaces between the words so the keywords on your website are technically different than your meta keywords. Also you had one typo, it's bolded above.

I think if you adjust your meta keywords that could help a bit because they are different that what you said you are wanting. Change them to this maybe:

<meta name="keywords" content="host mayo,ssd,cpanel,fast web hosting,litespeed,cheap hosting,wordpress hosting," />

The search engines will see the ones you listed without the spaces and typo as the keywords you want. If you make the change it should help.

Other than that I would look at your links and their quality as well as to see if they are dofollow links. If they aren't then they aren't going to be giving your site much help.

These are the things I would work on.

Good Luck. ;)

Maria Marketing

You website is also loading slow for me here in the UK. It is taking 7-8 seconds to load. Website speed for loading is supposed to be an important seo factor so maybe cutting some time off of the load times will help it a little. :)