Question about starting 2 blogs

Which is the best way to start up 2 different blogs?

• Start 1 blog and then wait till it gets going pretty good before starting the second blog.

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Start both blogs at the same time and grow them up together.

Votes: 6 66.7%

• Total voters

Melker

I have a question regarding 2 blogs and I am hoping for some input. I want to have 2 different blogs that cover 2 different topics but I am not sure which is the better way to go so what do you think?

A. Start 1 blog and then wait till it gets going pretty good before starting the second blog.

OR

B. Start both blogs at the same time and grow them up together.

Which do you think would be the best option to go with?

KeralMTG

If you have enough time to do it then I think starting both at the same time will be better. That way if one is doing real good and the other is not you can still be having some success. If you start one and it does not do too good then your time will all be wasted.

Kania

At first I was thinking it might be better to start 1 and get it to reach some success and then start the other one. Now I think if you are sure you want 2 different ones you should start them both at the same time. I think this because sometimes you can get successful in one thing faster than another so if you do 1 and it is slower then you will not have good results at all for a while. If you start them both then at least 1 of them might get good results faster and keep you motivated.

Melker

If you have enough time to do it then I think starting both at the same time will be better. That way if one is doing real good and the other is not you can still be having some success. If you start one and it does not do too good then your time will all be wasted.
That is what I initially thought but then my time would be split between 2 and only get half of my time.

At first I was thinking it might be better to start 1 and get it to reach some success and then start the other one. Now I think if you are sure you want 2 different ones you should start them both at the same time. I think this because sometimes you can get successful in one thing faster than another so if you do 1 and it is slower then you will not have good results at all for a while. If you start them both then at least 1 of them might get good results faster and keep you motivated.
If that is the case then 2 blogs getting half of my time might affect their success don't you think?

KeralMTG

That is what I initially thought but then my time would be split between 2 and only get half of my time.
Many times it can be easier to do 2 similar things like working on 2 sites at the same time so it might not be split in half exactly. It should be easier I think.

Melker

Many times it can be easier to do 2 similar things like working on 2 sites at the same time so it might not be split in half exactly. It should be easier I think.
Maybe it would be. I am still deciding on what to do for sure.

Dean

I think that this would be more of a personal preference and also how much time you have available to dedicate to your blog or blogs.

If you have enough time then I would do both if they are common blogs and not something that requires an extra amount of time put into them for any reason.

I do agree with what I saw posted by another member in that if you are doing both at the same time you will have 2 chances of gaining success quickly rather than just one.

Overthinkingmom

I think it's better to start at 1 blog first and reserve the other one for the next issue. The first blog would be your pilot test, from there you will get an idea whether you catch the attention of your readers and their reactions. You will also know what needs to be improved, that would help on your second blog.

HannaMN

Hi! I'm not a blogger but I think it would be better if to start with 1 blog and if you feel that you can finish it without giving too much attention, then start with the second one. I believe that focusing on one task at a time makes a greater chance to success. That applies on everything. That was just my opinion. But for a blogger like you guys, it may be different. I thinks bloggers has their own great ways and strategies on doing things. Which makes you really amazing! :Dancing2::Dans2:

vinaya

I launched my second blog just after two days of starting the first blog. By first blog was on treking and mountaineering niche and second blog was on wellbeing and wellness niche. Since I had different topics, I thought it was a better idea to launch the blogs at the same time. You have to develop contents on different topics, however, you can build backlinks and promote both blogs at the same time. You will save time in building backlinks and doing promotion. Since the blog topics are different, you will attract visitors with different interest. You also save money on hosting. If you use namecheap basic shared hosting, you can host three websites with one plan.

KeralMTG

Maybe it would be. I am still deciding on what to do for sure.
I was thinking about doing 2 at the same time when I first started my blog but decided to wait until it is going well. In some things doing 2 at the same time is better but I think it also depends on how much you know and how good you are and doing things.

Melker

I think that this would be more of a personal preference and also how much time you have available to dedicate to your blog or blogs.

If you have enough time then I would do both if they are common blogs and not something that requires an extra amount of time put into them for any reason.

I do agree with what I saw posted by another member in that if you are doing both at the same time you will have 2 chances of gaining success quickly rather than just one.
I am wanting to start both the more I think about it but I did not know if that would be the best choice or not. Like others have said it can help if 1 is more successful faster than another.
I think it's better to start at 1 blog first and reserve the other one for the next issue. The first blog would be your pilot test, from there you will get an idea whether you catch the attention of your readers and their reactions. You will also know what needs to be improved, that would help on your second blog.
I did not think of it from that point. What if the first 1 is a complete failure though?
Hi! I'm not a blogger but I think it would be better if to start with 1 blog and if you feel that you can finish it without giving too much attention, then start with the second one. I believe that focusing on one task at a time makes a greater chance to success. That applies on everything. That was just my opinion. But for a blogger like you guys, it may be different. I thinks bloggers has their own great ways and strategies on doing things. Which makes you really amazing! :Dancing2::Dans2:
I'm not really a blogger though or at least not yet. I am just a little confused but you do make a good point.
I was thinking about doing 2 at the same time when I first started my blog but decided to wait until it is going well. In some things doing 2 at the same time is better but I think it also depends on how much you know and how good you are and doing things.
I am still an amateur at many things. Blogs in particular are still something I do not know much about.

Milana

Some people might be able to have the time and expertise to start multiple blogs at the same time and be successful at it but I would personally rather always do 1 at a time to dedicate myself completely to 1 and then when it is successful I would move on to another.

Storm

In my opinion it's just deciding on if you have enough time to put into just 1 blog or do you have enough time to put into 2 blogs.

If you have enough time then I would do both and if not then do just 1 blog.

Will247

If you have enough time to dedicate to the success of 2 blogs at the same time then that's what I would personally do usually unless there were some other reasons that prevented me from doing it.

It just seems like it gives you 2 shots at success faster than having just 1 shot at it. What happens if you do 1 and it fails? Then all your time would be wasted and you would just be starting another and have to wait for it to show success.

Maria Marketing

I would say that it depends on your available time that you have ti use for setting them up and adding the content on them.

It might be a little easier to start one and then after you get it setup then you start the other and add content to the first while alternating your time between them as you can.

JohnQ

If they are about topics that are rather different then I would start them both together myself. If they are for topics that are similar at least a little then I would wait till one gets going and then launch the second one.

Melker

If you have enough time to dedicate to the success of 2 blogs at the same time then that's what I would personally do usually unless there were some other reasons that prevented me from doing it.

It just seems like it gives you 2 shots at success faster than having just 1 shot at it. What happens if you do 1 and it fails? Then all your time would be wasted and you would just be starting another and have to wait for it to show success.
I don't have a lot of time to dedicate to them but I just thought that doing 2 at the same time would take a lot less time than doing them one at a time.
I would say that it depends on your available time that you have ti use for setting them up and adding the content on them.

It might be a little easier to start one and then after you get it setup then you start the other and add content to the first while alternating your time between them as you can.
I don't have a lot of time but maybe 1-2 hours a day to work on them. It might take longer but maybe 2 is the way to go.
If they are about topics that are rather different then I would start them both together myself. If they are for topics that are similar at least a little then I would wait till one gets going and then launch the second one.
They are different enough to make them into 2 different blogs.

Will247

I don't have a lot of time to dedicate to them but I just thought that doing 2 at the same time would take a lot less time than doing them one at a time.
Yeah I guess that is true. If you are setting them up in a similar way then that can cut down on some of the time needed.