One or two websites in the same niche?

Storm

I have been reading that some people will create more than one website in the same niche in order to get more ground covered in the search results pages.

To me this seem like you are just splitting your efforts and competing against yourself and splitting the rankings between the sites.

Does anyone do this or think that having multiple sites in the same niche is a good idea?

I was thinking about trying this but I am not sure if I want to waste my time or not.

Traveler

I know some people like to have multiple websites in the same niche but to me it seems like you are splitting the traffic and sales between two websites when you can have all of it on one website.

I would rather have one bigger website with everything on a single site but maybe that is just a personal preference.

Dean

I have always preferred using just one website in a particular niche and putting all my efforts in that niche towards just one site.

I know that some people like doing multiples but I think that can be a waste of resources and time.

Storm

I know some people like to have multiple websites in the same niche but to me it seems like you are splitting the traffic and sales between two websites when you can have all of it on one website.

I would rather have one bigger website with everything on a single site but maybe that is just a personal preference.
I was thinking that myself but maybe those people know something I am not thinking about.

I have always preferred using just one website in a particular niche and putting all my efforts in that niche towards just one site.

I know that some people like doing multiples but I think that can be a waste of resources and time.
Same here. I though that time, effort and money all put into one website in a niche would get better results in the long run.

JennyJ

I think that having 2 websites in the exact same niche is just competing with yourself. If you want multiples then it will probably be better if you have 2 that are in slightly different niches at least. That way you can find 2 segments of a niche to target better.

Marcos

I personally think that you should just put all your work and investment of money and time into just one if they are to be about the same.

Kania

If you have two different blogs in the same niche then are they going to have the same blog posts on them or different ones? I think that it's not good to have the same ones on 2 different blogs.

KeralMTG

I read that some people do this but go into a specialized part of their niche. So it is in the same niche but only a very small part of the niche.

Dean

I read that some people do this but go into a specialized part of their niche. So it is in the same niche but only a very small part of the niche.
That's right and it's becoming more and more popular to do these days.

Like if you had an internet marketing blog that covered all types of internet marketing and then went off and started another blog that covers affiliate marketing or something along those lines.

I have noticed and talk to more and more people that are going this route. I don't know for sure one way or another if this is something that I would do but you never know.

ulterios

I like having just on site in any particular niche. That way all my available time, money and efforts are used to boost that site and concentrate on it being the best possible site that I can create in that niche.

Having a second site is ok if it's in a specialized sector of a niche but other than that it seems like a waste of many things.

KeralMTG

That's right and it's becoming more and more popular to do these days.

Like if you had an internet marketing blog that covered all types of internet marketing and then went off and started another blog that covers affiliate marketing or something along those lines.

I have noticed and talk to more and more people that are going this route. I don't know for sure one way or another if this is something that I would do but you never know.
Is it a good idea to do that then?

Dean

Is it a good idea to do that then?
Sometimes it is. It can let you go off in a specialized part of a particular niche that doesn't have as much competition as a broader area of a niche would have.

Many marketers go into smaller highly specialized sections of a particular niche and they are able to do much better since they and/or their site have less competition and it can make some things work better overall.

KeralMTG

Sometimes it is. It can let you go off in a specialized part of a particular niche that doesn't have as much competition as a broader area of a niche would have.

Many marketers go into smaller highly specialized sections of a particular niche and they are able to do much better since they and/or their site have less competition and it can make some things work better overall.
Ok, I see it. I think I will look at doing this some time. I just need to do some looking to see what are my best choices to pick.

Dean

Ok, I see it. I think I will look at doing this some time. I just need to do some looking to see what are my best choices to pick.
Good luck Keral. :)

There are some sites out there that you can check to see how competitive certain niches/keywords are and maybe that can give you a few ideas.

Maria Marketing

I might be a good idea if you have the time to do more than one and not make them look cheap or low quality. I like having just one and if I want another blog then I put it in a different niche to get other opportunities.

KeralMTG

Good luck Keral. :)

There are some sites out there that you can check to see how competitive certain niches/keywords are and maybe that can give you a few ideas.
Ok then I can look for them and see if I get some ideas. I am just not sure right now.