Name Cheap Hosting is good for wordpress site or not?

I have recently seen a hosting provider 'Name Cheap". But I am a little bit confused they are offering hosting at a very low rate and that too with unlimited bandwith. Is it good for a wordpress site? Any suggestions?

amtwebsite

I have recently seen a hosting provider 'Name Cheap". But I am a little bit confused they are offering hosting at a very low rate and that too with unlimited bandwidth. Is it good for a wordpress site? Any suggestions?
For running wordpress site you only use shared hosting is enough for a blog or a WP site

check https://www.internetmarketingstar.com/forums/shared-hosting-offers.38/

there are any good hosting packages there. For high traffic WP sites, you will need a VPS or a dedicated server if you don't want your website down.

Nytshade

I have recently seen a hosting provider 'Name Cheap". But I am a little bit confused they are offering hosting at a very low rate and that too with unlimited bandwith. Is it good for a wordpress site? Any suggestions?

It really depends on the size of your project. For a brand new site then that name cheap package will work just fine but as your website grows you might need to upgrade to a better package.

RDO Servers

Most low level hosting packages will handle a small WordPress site without any problems.

The key is make sure you choose a quality provider that takes pride in the services they offer AND provide good support when things do go wrong.

It really depends on the size of your project. For a brand new site then that name cheap package will work just fine but as your website grows you might need to upgrade to a better package.
At what stage I should change my hosting, when there is huge content on my site or when the traffic is very high?

A VPS isn't exactly a solution that is more reliable than a Shared Hosting environment, primarily it will allow you the capabilities of managing the server yourself, however without the knowledge and experience on how to do so, you may be stuck dead in the water with a slower solution than you initially expected. A good Shared Hosting plan with a reliable small-medium sized company would better suit your needs, especially when looking for 1-on-1 support.

Most low level hosting packages will handle a small WordPress site without any problems.

The key is make sure you choose a quality provider that takes pride in the services they offer AND provide good support when things do go wrong.
I will keep in mind your advice and based on that I think name cheap is good for a starter website.Since, I have found good reviews about them on Internet.

NameCheap is primarily a Domain Registrar, and as such they focus primarily on domain registration services rather than Website Hosting. If we have learned anything from GoDaddy, it's my personal advice that you should steer clear of them, not saying that they are a bad host or anything, I just recommend choosing a provider that has a primary focus of Web Hosting.

A VPS isn't exactly a solution that is more reliable than a Shared Hosting environment, primarily it will allow you the capabilities of managing the server yourself, however without the knowledge and experience on how to do so, you may be stuck dead in the water with a slower solution than you initially expected. A good Shared Hosting plan with a reliable small-medium sized company would better suit your needs, especially when looking for 1-on-1 support.
Yeah this is a good point you have explained.Since,I don't have good knowledge about VPS. I will surely face difficulties managing it. Hence, slowing down my site's performance. I should better rely on a good shared hosting plan.

That is correct. There are a lot of web-hosting companies out there that can provide you with a solution that will fit your needs and perform to your standards; as previously mentioned I just recommend sticking away from the big-names (depending on the circumstances, avoid any EIG owned company like it were the plague) and go with a small to medium sized company. The reasoning behind my advice is the fact that these smaller companies focus more on customer satisfaction and the bettering of their services, rather than these larger companies who are focused strictly on server density and making more money.

NameCheap is primarily a Domain Registrar, and as such they focus primarily on domain registration services rather than Website Hosting. If we have learned anything from GoDaddy, it's my personal advice that you should steer clear of them, not saying that they are a bad host or anything, I just recommend choosing a provider that has a primary focus of Web Hosting.
Your advice is really helpful for me. The best solution for my website would be a hosting provider not a domain registrar providing hosting. In this way I could receive good services from them. I should search for a good host before buying anything for my site.

That is correct :) Next thing to keep in mind when selecting a smaller company to host your websites...

No Reviews = Good
Bad Reviews = No

Just because a company doesn't have any reviews online, doesn't mean they are a bad provider, in fact it could mean the complete opposite. Most of the reviews you read online are put online specifically as a means of generating revenue through affiliate marketing programs and aren't quite honest (at least not all the time). Put yourself in the shoes of the millions of the other customers....

If you have a bad experience with a company, you're going to want to let everyone know! However, if you have a good experience, 95% of the time you're going to just be humble and happy and not go out of your way to make a public review because you know you are satisfied yourself.

That is correct :) Next thing to keep in mind when selecting a smaller company to host your websites...

No Reviews = Good
Bad Reviews = No

Just because a company doesn't have any reviews online, doesn't mean they are a bad provider, in fact it could mean the complete opposite. Most of the reviews you read online are put online specifically as a means of generating revenue through affiliate marketing programs and aren't quite honest (at least not all the time). Put yourself in the shoes of the millions of the other customers....

If you have a bad experience with a company, you're going to want to let everyone know! However, if you have a good experience, 95% of the time you're going to just be humble and happy and not go out of your way to make a public review because you know you are satisfied yourself.
This would be much helpful for me in finding a good host. I will follow your advice and hope to find a good host soon. :)

Excellent :) I wish you the best of luck in your search for web-hosting; I have in fact sent you a private message for your personal review. As stated previously, I recommend checking out the advertising section of this forum in your process of selecting a provider.

Nytshade

At what stage I should change my hosting, when there is huge content on my site or when the traffic is very high?

You will know, trust me. Sometimes your web host provider will contact you to let you know that you're using too much server resources and you need to upgrade. Sometimes you'll get messages from your audience telling you the website is down, the more complains you get then you know you have to upgrade.

Or when you visit your site and it starts taking longer than usual to load, but sometimes this could also be caused by content such as images. However if you try optimizing your database, images, apply cache etc. yet your site still loads slower than it used to then you know it's time to upgrade.

Hope that helps.

Fahad Rafiq

I have never heard about "cloudways" but will surely see what they are providing.
Cloudways is an intuitive cloud hosting platform, that enables novices, bloggers, designers, developers and agencies to easily manage and deploy applications on DigitalOcean, Amazon EC2 servers and Google Compute Engine.

What Cloudways does is optimize and setup all the necessary software on the DigitalOcean, Google Compute Engine and Amazon EC2 servers. You don't have to worry about installing Linux, MySQL, PHP, Varnish, Memcache, Apache, Nginx and other scripts on the servers.

Prices start at $15/month.

Features of Cloudways Platform:

Installation
1- Selection from DigitalOcean (6 data centers) and Amazon EC2 servers (9 data centers) and Google Compute Engine (3 regions)
2- One Click Application Installs (WordPress, Magento, Drupal, Joomla, Prestashop, support for all php based applications)
3- Server scaling, based on bandwidth, hard disk space, processor and RAM.
4- Billing on hourly basis.
5- Free New Relic Addon
6- Rackspace Email Addon
7- Ability to change PHP Versions (5.4, 5.5, 5.6), install Redis, change MySQL versions to MariaDB.

Server Features
1- 15 real time monitoring features.
2- Vertical Server Scaling
3- Service Management (Nginx, Varnish, MySQL, Apache, Memcache...)
4- Advance Server settings (Upload size, execution limit, memory limit etc.)
5- SSL Certificate Configuration
6- Automatic Backups, with frequency as low as 1 per hour
7- Server Addons (Email settings)
8- Dedicated IP
9- Unlimited Domains
10- Unlimited Application Installations

Application Management
1- SFTP connection
2- Dedicated MySQL/MariaDB Database
3- Application Restore
4- Application and Server Cloning
5- Git Integration and Deployment Via Git
6- SSH Access

All servers are automatically updated and patched as soon as new updates are available. Also support team is available 24/7 to help and assist whenever needed.

You will know, trust me. Sometimes your web host provider will contact you to let you know that you're using too much server resources and you need to upgrade. Sometimes you'll get messages from your audience telling you the website is down, the more complains you get then you know you have to upgrade.

Or when you visit your site and it starts taking longer than usual to load, but sometimes this could also be caused by content such as images. However if you try optimizing your database, images, apply cache etc. yet your site still loads slower than it used to then you know it's time to upgrade.

Hope that helps.
It really helps, I am experiencing these issues with a site, I hosted on free hosting provider. Therefore Now I am going to change the hosting of my site.