Is the amazon affiliate program still good?

Traveler

I was talking to a friend earlier today and he said a couple years ago he was making real good money using the amazon affiliate program and that I should see if it's still good. I am not one to do something like this without doing some checking on it and getting some more good input on something so I was wondering if their affiliate program is still good. If you have anything helpful to share then please do. Thanks

Dean

I was talking to a friend earlier today and he said a couple years ago he was making real good money using the amazon affiliate program and that I should see if it's still good. I am not one to do something like this without doing some checking on it and getting some more good input on something so I was wondering if their affiliate program is still good. If you have anything helpful to share then please do. Thanks
I never had any real good results from using Amazon's affiliate program personally. I did ok but the results are not as good as affiliate marketing or some other income options.

I know that some people do real well using Amazon for this but it was just more or less just an ok venture for me.

Depending on what exactly you are looking for as far as results go and income earned, there might be better options out there that will do better than Amazon.

Cheers, Dean.

ulterios

Some people I know swear by it and are making good money with it. I could never get the earnings to be what I would consider acceptable for the time involved. There were other ways to make more money for me.

I think it really depends on your methods, website's niche, the audience of your site and your mailing list.

If you had the time you could always do some A-B testing versus another similar program like the one for eBay maybe.

Traveler

I think I will just try some other affiliate programs first. I read some things on it earlier today and it seems like it might not be the best option for me. Thanks

Maria Marketing

I see amazon affiliate advertisements on many different websites so it must be a good program to use. I don't know if it works better with some topics than with others though. I think if you can show ads that are some how related to what your own website is about then they would work best. :)

Storm

I was looking at this program and from what I found you need to get a lot of traffic to the site that you are having the affiliate ads on to have good earnings. I think that it will be harder for a new website to make good money since they don't have a lot of backlinks and traffic.