Is PayPal still on top?

David Ewen

There are so many payment options that business can use. Before PayPal was known as the premiere choice. It may still be. Now there are others including Square & Google Wallet and others. What are the relevant tools of today to receive payments? What works best internationally for freelancers? To me it seems PayPal is the only choice. Am I wrong? let me know.

MidnightAngel

I used paypal many moons ago when I was selling books, now I am using it again for freelancing. I have all of my freelance accounts going to paypal for withdrawal, and I have the business debit card they offer. I don't use a bank account, so this is the next best thing in my opinion.

Hostlumina

I fully agree with you.

Paypal continues to be top in my personal opinion. There are so many big corporations/big box stores making paypal available as an option now a day and it's easy to get selling online, send money instantly, donate, and highly supported by multiple open-source communities.

Julio Marquez

Paypal is a good choice, in case you know how to deal with it and read every thing regarding their terms of service, if not you are going to face limited and blocked accounts issues, which may took a long time procedure to fix it up,For online shops, legal staff,paypal could be a good option, something else you can go for other payments gatways such skrill,webmoney, bitcoin

Dean

Paypal is the best choice in most cases. They have great support and security to provide the needed financial protection that we need these days. Plus, Paypal is so widely known that people know it is a great payment processor and are not afraid to use it. Some of these other payment systems are just not known or trusted because people don't know about them. Paypal is the way to go!

Cheers, Dean.

ProfMike

I have been using PayPal for over 8 years. In my opinion they are the best. They have world-wide visibility, or at least in all the countries we would be interested in targeting, they are very secure, the fees are low, and they have an excellent customer service rating. They advertise their service, have great name visibility and are accepted by many of the most prominent vendors in the on line industry.

If you have a good product, take care of your customers PayPal is an excellent choice. They are customer focused, and above all they have a excellent security. Security is my most important consideration not only for my business but to protect my customer data.

I like the fact that I never have to have the customer financial information on my site, that not only works better for me as I secure my data but works best for my customers in protecting their information.

There are some other players out there in the arena and they are becoming popular but for my money PayPal is still the best.

ulterios

I like the fact that I never have to have the customer financial information on my site, that not only works better for me as I secure my data but works best for my customers in protecting their information.
That is my favorite part about using Paypal over many other payment systems. I do not want or need to have any more data from customers than I absolutely need to have.

This way if something goes wrong and a customer thinks their information was leaked you will know that it's not by you! ;)

Muzzamil

There are so many payment options that business can use. Before PayPal was known as the premiere choice. It may still be. Now there are others including Square & Google Wallet and others. What are the relevant tools of today to receive payments? What works best internationally for freelancers? To me it seems PayPal is the only choice. Am I wrong? let me know.
PayPal is good for less money transferring because if you want to transfer a lot of money from paypal to your bank account, they charge unnecessary high fees. Now days, there are many online banking sites such as eWallet and many more. PayPal is used by many freelancing websites and a lot of websites such as eBay so it is not going anywhere.