Is Microsoft Office the best word processing tool for freelancers?

animeshe14

Well, my laptop has the 60 days trial version of MS office and I am wondering if I should buy the original MS office software.
Is MS Office the most preferred tool in word processing or can other word processing software used in doing online business?

MidnightAngel

As far as I can tell it is one of the top brands that employers of freelancers want. I don't have it on my computer, unfortunately, but I do have a program that I can save my documents in Word format as so many employers want. If you can afford to by MS office or even just MS word, I would say go for it, it is the best out there in my opinion. I wish that I could purchase it, maybe if I get a few more freelance jobs I can, because I truly, truly miss having it. And yes, I've already used the trial version.... :mad: and can't download it again.

Hostlumina

Office is very well know and used by many many businesses.

However, there are few programs that do the same and are for free (example OpenOffice). The only down fall from this applications and saving the document as Microsoft Office is that there might be some formatting (rarely) issues.

Office now is very affordable now a days since they gone "cloud" and subscription options (i.e. $99/yr or $10/mth CAD). Even the One time purchase Home/Student version with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote is now a days about $125

In my personal opinion I would stick to Word as best possible as it is solid and used among many businesses. :Ertery:

Reactions: ims

Mark007

Microsoft office is the best that one can have for popularity and ease of access. MS Office is always the first choice for all freelancers and also for clients.

I would say that google Docs is also a good option. It is free and it can save to Office format, so there is no issue there! I use it for university work and it seems to be fine for me.

MidnightAngel

I would say that google Docs is also a good option. It is free and it can save to Office format, so there is no issue there! I use it for university work and it seems to be fine for me.

I use both Google Docs and Microsoft Word. Word has always been my favorite for anything to do with writing. I've used others, and sometimes have to, but would definitely prefer to have word. I have started using Google Docs though when I don't have access to my Word, and I love it as well. I think it's all up to the freelancer, what they prefer. LOL, I just realized I replied to this much earlier in the post...oopsy! Oh well!

Reactions: ims