Is Live Chat useful for e-commerce websites?

robertdn

Hi everyone,

I run a website that sells WordPress Templates. I intend to put up a Live Chat for clients on the website.
Do you think this could be useful? Will consume more of our time?

Please share your experiences.

exousia

Any means by which your current and prospective clients could interact with you would be highly recommended. Live Chat is one of these communication facilitators.

With smart phones and other hand held devices, clients now have the means to reach you anywhere anytime for problem solving and business transactions.

Should you not be available, the Live Chat icon will let those looking for you check later which a means of communication in itself.

For me, live chat is very effective to connect with my customers for fast support, they also gave me more good feebacks when my site integrated livechat on site.

Will Smith

Base on my experience, you should integrate Live Chat in your website for better support for customers. There are a lot of inconvenience can be avoided if you use Live Chat. Let take an example of email support, customers do not have instant reply so they wont properly send email to you. Using phone call to support also have some cons. For instance, you cannot serve many customers at the same time, right? Moreover, there will be an issue if foreign customers want to contact you via phone.
Live Chat will solve many problems. You will be able to support customers right after they face an issue, and it definitely is a helpful tool for you to collect instant feedback from customers. In addition, many prospects can be served at the same time, and one of the best thing is that you can easily send helpful links to the customer through the chat interface and type complicated names into the chat box which are things phone support cannot does.
Best,
Will Smith.

ulterios

I think that before someone decides to add live chat for any website they need to think about time constraints and being able to have someone there to respond to chat when customers or potential customers want to chat.

If you can't take care of the requirements, then it would probably be best not to do it. If you have it as an option on your website yet you are not able to be there when people need you to be, then that might get a bad reputation for poor customer/client service.

Just my $.02! ;)

Reactions: ims

ims

Looking for Stars...
Staff member
Hi everyone,

I run a website that sells WordPress Templates. I intend to put up a Live Chat for clients on the website.
Do you think this could be useful? Will consume more of our time?

Please share your experiences.
Live chat is very important for me when deciding to buy a provider from an eCommerce site

I feel easy to get support when using live chat so I suppose it should have on each eCommercewebsites if possible.

Dean

Do you think this could be useful?
Yes it would be useful to help produce more sales and help potential customers.

Will consume more of our time?
Yes, it can unless you outsource. It's a big time commitment so you have to understand that before deciding on whether to do it or not. If you are prepared to put in a lot of time, have someone that will do it for you, or are willing to pay someone to do it then it's always something that potential customers and current customers will like.

Cheers, Dean