Is it possible to place ads on my Wordpress blog?

I started writing some stuff on wordpress and I like it..It is kind of a valve to let steam out...But I wanted to know is it possible to place ads on my blog, how much money can I make and how to do it??I dont have a lot of traffic but when I write it is ok...
Can someone help me or show me what to do??

Hostlumina

You can look for plugins at the official wordpress site (wordpress.org) to add ads to your blog.

In regards where to get ads? You can look at google adsense. Here is a direct link for you to read on how it works http://www.google.com/adsense/start/how-it-works.html?subid=na-en-ha-bk_MC

How much you can earn? Well it all depends on the traffic, how much each click can generate for you, etc...

I think at least reading up on Google adsense can give you a good stepping stone.

Reactions: ims

Luca

You can place ads on your blog, it's all up to you. But do note that some companies that connects advertisers with publishers (ex: Google's AdSense) requires you to have your own domain (so no wordpress.com subdomain). Plus, you should wait until you have a high enough traffic already before applying for AdSense, or you might got rejected.

Once you've applied for AdSense (or any other ad network programs out there) they should tell you how to get your ad code, and implementation is usually very easy for WordPress, where you can just put them on one of your widgets. Make sure you comply with all of their policies though (for example, not putting ads on blank pages, etc)

Reactions: ims
Ok...As I thought it is available only if you have your own site and not subdomains...I tried before my account on adsense wasnt blocked and I didnt manage to do it..I guess I missed the part about having your own domain.. :)
And do you know what amounts of money we are talking about if it was a blog with good amount of traffic??

Ok I get it that it depends on the traffic but what is about Tier 1 country or Tier 3 country..Can you please explain that?

I barely find time for one site that I like and am on...I dont think I could manage few of them...But anyway thanks for advice

Nytshade

You should spend some time learning more about social media marketing, blogging and email marketing. You can also check out SEO, but the 3 marketing strategies I mentioned above look like a good combination for you. You can still do your Ads, but add email marketing to maximize profits.

Use your blog to allow people to subscribe to your email newsletter, give them a freebie or a series of tutorials. Once you have their emails, you simply build a relationship with them by offering them valuable content (no fluff) then once in a while promote an affiliate product or your own product.

The money's in the list :Secret:

You can also mix your content with product reviews to make more money with your blog as an affiliate marketer, You can try both physical and digital products to see which ones convert better and focus on that. Also message your email subscribers the product review (blog post), you might make more money because those in your email list are likely to buy, they trust your opinion.

Hope that help, but focus on building an email list.

Nytshade

But building the list needs money, right?
Can I do it without investing or from nothing with only a website/blog?

So you want to make money without spending money?

You can go to aweber, they offer a $1 30 days trial. Getresponse is free for the first 30 days and there are other autoresponders that will give you 90 days free trial like Sendlane, which also comes with a squeeze page builder.

There are autoresponder plugins for wordpress, you can run an autoresponder using your web host as well. You can also use Sendy.co with Amazon SES, it's way cheaper. There's tons of ways to get an autoresponder without spending a lot of cash.

But you need to spend money on your business, this will help you take it serious and take action. If you don't want to take any risk then you might as well get a 9-5 job, it has security if that's what you want. But running a business requires risk and you need to be willing to invest.

You need to ask yourself whether you're running a blog or a business.