Is Hostgator good web hosting?

KeralMTG

A friend of mine is wanting to start his own blog and got a good offer from Hostgator in an email for web hosting. He asked me if I knew if they are good but I don't know for sure. Does anybody know if Hostgator is good web hosting?

ulterios

I would advise against using Hostgator web hosting or any of their services. They are owned by EIG who is notorious for having bad services and support. Google for a list of EIG companies and do not have him, yourself or anyone you know use any of their services.

HostGator used to be good untill EIG bought them and then they went downhill fast.

I dealt with their ways myself and they tried to scam me out of thousands of dollars twice. avoid them at all costs.

vishwa

Hostgator is good option for small websites. When your website traffic grows they will suspend your account for high CPU usages. Recently Hostgator has stopped their support ticket system. So, make a wise decision.

KeralMTG

Hostgator is good option for small websites. When your website traffic grows they will suspend your account for high CPU usages. Recently Hostgator has stopped their support ticket system. So, make a wise decision.
If they do not have support tickets then how do customers get problems fixed?

Storm

After all of the negative reports and information around the internet on them your friend might not want to take a chance with them.

JennyJ

I have seen a lot of negative reviews and information on hostgator. If you did consider using them I would use caution and probably not signup for a long contract just in case the bad things are true.

Maria Marketing

a couple of my friends have used Hostgator in the past and they said that their support was not too good and it was slow. If good support is something that you are looking for then you might want to consider using a different web hosting provider.

Traveler

Hostgator was good in the past but these days they are not supposed to be too good. You can check in the web hosting offers sections here and you probably will get a much better web host.

KeralMTG

Thanks all of you for the posts. I told him to not get hostgator because they are not as good like they used to be. I told him to check the hosting offers here or check in google and stay away from hostgator for sure.

AlexRozett

Hostgator was good long time ago, now when there are so many hosting providers on the web you can find you should always look into to other options because you may find a hosting provider, that is better in the sections listed bellow:

- Reliability
- Uptime
- Technical support
- Customer Service & Billing
- Server & Network Speed
- Price & Value for Money

KeralMTG

Hostgator was good long time ago, now when there are so many hosting providers on the web you can find you should always look into to other options because you may find a hosting provider, that is better in the sections listed bellow:

- Reliability
- Uptime
- Technical support
- Customer Service & Billing
- Server & Network Speed
- Price & Value for Money
Yes I am finding out that hostgator is not too good any more. How do I know what some of the features you listed are for a host? Like the server and network speed and reliability? How can I know these things?

AlexRozett

You can know these things by visiting sites that provide information for hosting providers. I've have had similar problems in the past.

Finding a hosting site is not a problem nowadays, but finding a good hosting provider is a problem.

Reason why, every hosting provider will provide the best services on their web page, making you want to work with them. But sometimes it turns out, everything they say is not as it seems.

There you go, i hope you found this useful! If you need anything else, please let me know.

KeralMTG

You can know these things by visiting sites that provide information for hosting providers. I've have had similar problems in the past.

Finding a hosting site is not a problem nowadays, but finding a good hosting provider is a problem.

Reason why, every hosting provider will provide the best services on their web page, making you want to work with them. But sometimes it turns out, everything they say is not as it seems.

There you go, i hope you found this useful! If you need anything else, please let me know.
I have heard from some friends that the web hosting they were sold was supposed to be good but it turns out that it was not. They like to get you to signup and pay and then forget about good service.

Marcos

I used Host Gator several years ago and they were good then and they had good customer support. It seems like that has changed based on some other replies here. That's too bad for their customers.

KeralMTG

I used Host Gator several years ago and they were good then and they had good customer support. It seems like that has changed based on some other replies here. That's too bad for their customers.
Yes they were bought by someone who is not good for taking good care of their customers. I did not know about that when I asked the question but know I was told and read about it. I think they have had many mad customers because of this.

Marcos

Yes they were bought by someone who is not good for taking good care of their customers. I did not know about that when I asked the question but know I was told and read about it. I think they have had many mad customers because of this.
It is too bad that these good companies do not care about their customers and just sell to bad companies. This is not a good way to do business but I think they do not care.

KeralMTG

It is too bad that these good companies do not care about their customers and just sell to bad companies. This is not a good way to do business but I think they do not care.
When a new company buys another company they mostly do it for profit so they make some changes to get higher profit. They do not care too much about customers and money and profits are the main priority.