Is Email Marketing Dying?

Chas P. Gibson

Is email marketing dying or it is still effective as it was in the early 2000's?

I feel like people hardly even check their emails daily or I am wrong, so what would you correct me?

Jill Barnes

Email Marketing is Changing not dying as it is one of the important channel for business marketing.
Create responsive design email as emails are initially most likely to be read on mobile this days. Embedded forms in emails are dead.
So stick around and keep brand in front of customers and prosper.

Last edited by a moderator:

MidnightAngel

I'm not sure about everyone else, but I check my email daily, and every few hours, due to freelance work and other stuff that I do. I don't see it dying either, just changing.

PTTed

More and more people have multiple email accounts now. They have one important email account and one or more unimportant ones that they use for opt-in offers and for giving out to stores. That way they can forget about the unimportant email accounts unless they are expecting an email from somewhere that they want. So, if you are emailing a person in one of their "junk" email accounts, they are far less likely to see your email or open it.

That is one way that things are changing. But no. Email is certainly not dying.

Mark007

I would say that email marketing is working well on the part of advertising, but people are more reluctant to display ads these days rather opening up emails in their inbox. This has lead email marketers to develop other skills to promote their products and services through email. We have seen more change on the email formats these days. The advertising emails these days are more attractive with images and infographics and very less text messages, as people are more attracted to visual impressions.

imomexp

Email marketing isn't dying, it still effective till now. But it has changes system. A large amount of users are using different device for checking their email. Also everyone has one more email account, so it could be tough which is important email for self. When you email marketing you have to find targeted email list and make responsive email template.

rmmfree

I think email marketing is not as easy as years ago because ISPs spam filters. But that is good because what the user gets into their inbox are mostly legitimate messages and, if the campaign is done correctly, will probably read them and visit the included links.

Dean

Email marketing is one of the top marketing methods that marketers use and it's not going to change any time soon. It has evolved over the years and some aspects have changed but it's still alive and going well.

In the early years of email marketing people would just send out a mass amount of junk emails to everyone they could and they weren't target emails for their particular niche/needs. Lots of the email addresses were just bought and were not very valuable.

These days most people who are email marketing are sending their emails to a targeted audience that has already shown interested in the basic niche/subject matter that the emails are for. This helps to get higher results and more sales.

So, yes it has changed but it is still going strong and not going to stop any time soon.

Cheers, Dean

ulterios

Actually email marketing today is usually more effective that it was many years ago. Back then most of the marketing emails were just sent out in huge bulk amounts and they were not targeted emails, just random recipients.

These days most good marketers use targeted email lists with a much higher success rate than in the years long ago.

Email marketing methods have evolved with the times and have gotten better than they used to be. ;)

Maria Marketing

I think that people check their emails more now then they used to in the past. Now they can even check from their phones when years ago they could not. I think that people just might not look at what they think is junk email now.

Ben

Based on the amount of junk that is in my spam folder I do not think that email marketing is dying at all. Probably quite the opposite.

eMonetize

Back in 2000 it was like shooting fish in a barrel.

You could inbox any data with ease, conversion rates were great regardless of the data quality and your operating expenses where tiny.

With that said, by no means is it dead. Email is ingrained in society and businesses and it's not going anywhere.

The market is much bigger now, so there are still huge financial opportunities. However, there is more competition, it's more work and it has higher expenses. That's just life, everything changes over time.

Email is still my core business and I have no plans of changing that. IMO, there is still nothing that beats it. .

Marketing Masala

Hi!I don't think Email marketing is declining. It still remains one of the best ways of getting in direct touch with B2B professionals. Also not just can we personalize our messages in email marketing but it is a great way of remarketing and spreading the word of a new service.
Cheers

Traveler

Hi!I don't think Email marketing is declining. It still remains one of the best ways of getting in direct touch with B2B professionals. Also not just can we personalize our messages in email marketing but it is a great way of remarketing and spreading the word of a new service.
Cheers
I think the same thing and looking at my inbox can prove that. :)