Is anyone going to be watching the Rio Olympics?

Catherine1

Are any of you going to be watching the Olympics? Everywhere I have gone the last couple of days it seems like all I hear are people talking about them. I didn't realize they would be a big deal anymore.

I like to watch some of the events but if I miss them then it's not a big deal. It seems like this time around more people are interested in them. Maybe it's just because I live somewhere new this go around but I just keep hearing about them.

Argus

I will be watching some of the events. I had a chance to go but was not able to because of other business I needed to stay for. I usually like to watch the swimming events and the track and field but also watch some others. The olympics are very popular here so everybody will be watching.

KeralMTG

I mostly will watch some of the football (soccer) matches. I used to like to watch more sports but they always seem to be on at times that are not good for me. I like to watch some other sports but it will depend on what is on. The olympics this year just do not seem like they are as popular as usual.

ulterios

I would watch some of the events but I am always lacking spare time. I might try to catch some of the events online over the next couple weeks but sitting down and watching them probably won't happen. :(

Catherine1

Well it seems like most people are only interested in some of the events. I have noticed that the last few Olympics did not have the same appeal to a lot of people like they used to.

Maybe they need to do some more marketing and promoting!

Dean

I actually have wanted to watch some of the events but just haven't been able to due to time issues (lack of it to be exact). I am hoping to catch some of the events at some point but who knows if that's going to happen!

Cheers, Dean.

KeralMTG

Well it seems like most people are only interested in some of the events. I have noticed that the last few Olympics did not have the same appeal to a lot of people like they used to.

Maybe they need to do some more marketing and promoting!
Yes I think some marketing will really help them. There are so many events that just are not interesting to many people. They need to promote and make them seem more exciting or something.

Ana

Every time the Olympics are going there is much anticipation for our country doing well, especially in gymnastics but it has been a rough year for our national team so many people are not watching them much.

I was planning to watch some of the events but I have had to do some things for my family and have been busy. I am hoping to watch some this week just because there are many exciting things to watch. I will be trying to watch some at least.

Maria Marketing

I am really not much the type to watch the olympics but everyone around here is talking about it because our country is in third in the medal totals. So I will probably watch some the next few days just to get in on the excitement. :)

ulterios

I am really not much the type to watch the olympics but everyone around here is talking about it because our country is in third in the medal totals. So I will probably watch some the next few days just to get in on the excitement. :)
Now you've gone and gave away where you are from, watch out now! ;)

Your country is only 7 medals out of second as of right now, so they are looking good! Good luck. ;)

Catherine1

Your country is only 7 medals out of second as of right now, so they are looking good! Good luck. ;)
I already had an idea about where Maria is from by some of the words and phrases she has used. Maybe us gals pick up on details a little easier. LOL

Maria Marketing

I guess I did but it doesn't matter. :)

We were just 1 medal out of second but now it's back to 4. Things can change so much from one day to the next!

Dean

We were just 1 medal out of second but now it's back to 4. Things can change so much from one day to the next!
Now they are within 2 Maria with a nice lead over 4th place. I wish I had time to watch some of the events but it seems like every time one of them is on that I would like to watch they are on at a time when I am not able.

There's always Youtube I guess. LOL

Cheers, Dean.

Maria Marketing

Now they are within 2 Maria with a nice lead over 4th place. I wish I had time to watch some of the events but it seems like every time one of them is on that I would like to watch they are on at a time when I am not able.

There's always Youtube I guess. LOL

Cheers, Dean.
Thank you for the update Dean. I have not been able to keep track of it too much but just checked and they are still 2 medals out of second.

Only a couple days of the olympics left so they better get going if they want to get that second place in the medal count. :)

ulterios

Two med

If you guys can at least tie with China for second in medal count then you guys would actually be in second because you guys have more gold medals, at least for now.

You guys have a real good chance to claim second! Good luck :Thumb:

Maria Marketing

Two med

If you guys can at least tie with China for second in medal count then you guys would actually be in second because you guys have more gold medals, at least for now.

You guys have a real good chance to claim second! Good luck :Thumb:
We missed second by 4 medals but we still did pretty good. This was the second most amount of medals we have won at an Olympics. The most was over 100 years ago so everybody is happy. :)

Catherine1

We missed second by 4 medals but we still did pretty good. This was the second most amount of medals we have won at an Olympics. The most was over 100 years ago so everybody is happy. :)
Yes they did very well. My neighbor was saying this same thing, she was born and raised in London till she moved when she got married. She was real excited at how well the UK did.

Maria Marketing

Yes they did very well. My neighbor was saying this same thing, she was born and raised in London till she moved when she got married. She was real excited at how well the UK did.
Everyone here is excited and have been talking about it non-stop. Many people are saying that in the next olympics UK will give the US a good run for the most medals. They would need to about double their medal count from this olympics so I don't know if that can happen but they will probably get more next time because everyone is all excited.