I need web hosting recommendations

Melker

I am looking to start a blog after not having one for a while and I am looking for some web hosting recommendations.

Who is good, who is not, that sort of thing.

It's just going to be for one blog for now and maybe a second if I need it later one.

Input is welcomed! :D

Marcos

Are you looking for shared web hosting?

I am also looking to maybe get another web hosting service myself and have looked around a little but still looking. I will say that you should stay away from ipage. A friend just left them because they were terrible and their support was so bad.

vishwa

For best web hosting you can go with Dreamhost or Siteground. Both of them are very reliable hosting company and provides 100% network up-time. They also have great customer support team too.

Dean

There are many different web hosting providers out there that have good services, it all depends on your needs. You can check the web hosting offers section here and see if there is a host that fits your needs.

If you can't find what you need there then you can try Namecheap or Siteground which have been good to me in the past.

I would stay away from any hosting company owned by the EIG company though. Lots of bad things about them that I will not get into detail about but yo can do some Google searches and learn what you need.

Storm

I've been looking at getting some different hosting myself lately. If you are going to have a Wordpress blog then there is also web hosting called "Managed Wordpress" hosting that you can look into. I don't know if it's better than regular hosting but I have seen it mentioned here and there.

Traveler

I might be switching web hosts soon. Mine isn't real bad but their support can take 12+ hours some times.

I will say that you should stay away from Hostgator and Ipage for sure.

Melker

@Marcos - Yeah just shared hosting right now till I see how things work out.

@vishwa - Thanks for the recommendations. I have seen a lot of siteground ads around but haven't heard of them. I'll check those two out.

@Dean - I didn't think that Namecheap had hosting. I thought they were just domains. I'll take a look.

@Storm - I haven't heard of that kind of hosting. I will check into it.

@Traveler - I know that Ipage is junk hosting but Hostgator used to be good. I guess things have changed.

Thanks for all the help everyone. :)

Dean

@Dean - I didn't think that Namecheap had hosting. I thought they were just domains. I'll take a look.
Yeah, they have been providing web hosting for quite some time and their web hosting is really good also. Most people know them for domains but don't realize they have web hosting services.

Melker

Yeah, they have been providing web hosting for quite some time and their web hosting is really good also. Most people know them for domains but don't realize they have web hosting services.
I'll keep that in mind. I will probably be getting my service soon but I am not in a rush right now because I want to make sure I get good hosting.

Dean

I'll keep that in mind. I will probably be getting my service soon but I am not in a rush right now because I want to make sure I get good hosting.
I completely understand, you don't want to make a mistake and get poor hosting. There are many good ones out there and some of them have offers here on this site that you might want to check out also.

Storm

@Storm - I haven't heard of that kind of hosting. I will check into it.
It's something new. I don't know if it is really better for a wordpress site or if it's just a marketing gimmick. You can take a look and judge for yourself if it's something to try.

I prefer regular hosting just in case I want to have a change in what the site is built with or want to add another site that isn't a wordpress site.

Melker

I completely understand, you don't want to make a mistake and get poor hosting. There are many good ones out there and some of them have offers here on this site that you might want to check out also.
I already took a quick look there but will check through the listings again soon.

Melker

It's something new. I don't know if it is really better for a wordpress site or if it's just a marketing gimmick. You can take a look and judge for yourself if it's something to try.

I prefer regular hosting just in case I want to have a change in what the site is built with or want to add another site that isn't a wordpress site.
You can only have wordpress sites on that kind of hosting?

Storm

You can only have wordpress sites on that kind of hosting?
Yes. It's setup and optimized (supposedly) for Wordpress. That's why I would prefer regular web hosting. That way if I want to use something other than Wordpress I can.

Melker

Yes. It's setup and optimized (supposedly) for Wordpress. That's why I would prefer regular web hosting. That way if I want to use something other than Wordpress I can.
Ok then I probably won't want that type of web hosting. I was thinking about just getting shared hosting right now and upgrade to a VPS if I need it later.

ulterios

If you're still looking for web hosting and if you can't find something that fits your needs in our web hosting offers section then you might want to check out NameCheap.

I have used them for a few years and they are really good and have great support which is something that I always look for in a web hosting service provider.

Storm

Ok then I probably won't want that type of web hosting. I was thinking about just getting shared hosting right now and upgrade to a VPS if I need it later.
That sounds like a good idea. That's what I always do for mine.

Melker

If you're still looking for web hosting and if you can't find something that fits your needs in our web hosting offers section then you might want to check out NameCheap.

I have used them for a few years and they are really good and have great support which is something that I always look for in a web hosting service provider.
Thanks for the recommendation, I will take a look at their offers.

I will probably buy a domain there so I may want to get hosting somewhere else because I like to keep those separate but I will look anyway.

Melker

You are welcome Melker. If you need any other information on this just let me know.
Thanks a lot, I will let you know. I am looking for some other information on other things so I will probably be searching and posting in the right forum if I can't find what I need.

I still want to check some other places and some on this forum.