How to improve your writing speed?

viteko

I want to improve writing speed when writing articles for my website.

what is the best tip to improve writing speed?

nesito29

Knowledge and practice, lots and lots of practice. You need the knowledge to type without stopping, this way you don't waste time while sopping to have more ideas and practice allows you to improve your skill and write faster. Your body remembers what you've practiced and mastered through hours of practice.

Hope this helps :)

MidnightAngel

LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION, wait, that's not right: Practice, yep, that's it, I agree. The more you write, the better you get at it...and it doesn't hurt to read alot either. Keep up the practice, you'll get it!

Lee Ann Hargrave

Practice, practice, practice! The more you write the better and speedier you will be. Take guest posting jobs and trade them for posts on your blog. Write articles or anything else you can think of and do it often. You have to love it to keep at it. Join forums to post on to gain experience. If you love writing, speed will eventually come to you. Although speed isn't always a good thing. Be sure that you take the time to re-read your work and check for errors and that it makes sense. Good luck!

cesarmatute

There are some webs and softwares that help you to write faster, but you'll have to train a lot. I hope you're not one of those persons who activate CAPS key just to type any capital letter, ha-ha.

Happy trainig

Sherratic

I am going to have to agree with the previous posters. The main thing that helped me increase my wpm was practice and lots of it. The majority of my practice came from AOL and Yahoo messenger! Nowadaysys, it is probably skype but interacting consistently in this type of environment is helpful. Something that I did not see anyone mention that I also find helpful is comfortability. Make sure your seating is comfortable and your screen is at a good level for your straight posture. It's a good idea to invest in a mouse pad that has good wrist support too. Healthy fingers, wrists, and hands can play a major part.

Eli Maximilien

Read when you can and as much as you can. Writing and reading have a relationship; they both involve a kind of calculated thinking. By reading you'll gain more ideas; and will therefore be able to express yourself better when writing.

More importantly, why do you want more speed? While you might be able to get more things written, how many of those will be your best work? Why not focus on improving your content?

JohnQ

When you are say that you want to improve your writing speed then I am thinking you might be talking about your typing speed if you do it on your computer and not with pen/pencil and paper.

If that's the case then there are many typing programs that you can find around that are to help typing speeds. You can do a search in google or bing to see what's available.

Dean

When you are say that you want to improve your writing speed then I am thinking you might be talking about your typing speed if you do it on your computer and not with pen/pencil and paper.

If that's the case then there are many typing programs that you can find around that are to help typing speeds. You can do a search in google or bing to see what's available.
I think the OP was meaning typing and not actual writing. That being the case, there are several website that you can go to online that have typing tests to help improve your speed.

It just takes a lot of practice, as several others mentioned.

JoeMilford

I also think that the only way to really improve this, and I have found this to be true since I have been doing forum posts and freelancing, is just practice--daily practice. You need to develop a strong relationship with your writing through practice, and by doing so, you will quickly develop your speed and response accuracy to forum posts over time. I have already gotten faster at this, and I have only been doing this about two months.

augusta

You can do anything faster including writing,if you continuously do it.So you want to write continue doing it.

Another tip is to be conversant with what you want to write on and you would be writing without delay.

Dean

I also think that the only way to really improve this, and I have found this to be true since I have been doing forum posts and freelancing, is just practice--daily practice. You need to develop a strong relationship with your writing through practice, and by doing so, you will quickly develop your speed and response accuracy to forum posts over time. I have already gotten faster at this, and I have only been doing this about two months.
You saying by posting on forums you have gotten much faster by practice over time, then do you recommend forum posting as a forum of practice and a writing teaching tool?

JohnQ

I think the OP was meaning typing and not actual writing. That being the case, there are several website that you can go to online that have typing tests to help improve your speed.

It just takes a lot of practice, as several others mentioned.
At first I didn't think about typing as what they were meaning but it does make better sense that it is typing.

Dean

At first I didn't think about typing as what they were meaning but it does make better sense that it is typing.
Well when it was mentioned about writing articles for a website then I thought that it was typing that was actually meant. The thread title is just a little confusing.

JohnQ

Well when it was mentioned about writing articles for a website then I thought that it was typing that was actually meant. The thread title is just a little confusing.
I have to admit that I thought it was actually writing and not typing when I first saw the thread.

BelindaMT

Typing skills requires a lot of practice. My piece of advice is browse “Typing Test” to your web page and that is the best site for you to improve your typing skills. Make sure that you practice to use all your fingers in typing not only two fingers as what I observed to newbie in typing. Concentrate and memorized the exact location of the letter in keywords. For example you must remember that “A” letter is in the left and the “L” letter is in the right and the “G” letter is in the middle so you can move your finger faster.

Ben

I have worked at my speed and the only way that helps it get better to practice, lots of practice.

ghelley

Yes, practice is the most effective way to improve every skill. It is one of the major leads that will help you to develop your skills. In addition to that, you should first have adequate knowledge on the topics the you're going to write. You can commit to writing daily as well as reading. Reading can ameliorate your vocabulary skills which could give a bigger impact to how you write and think. Practice, knowledge and reading will assist you to create eye-catching and quality articles.

nins_809

Well for me, I usually just go on with my thoughts about a specific topic. I write whatever comes to my mind which serves like a draft. And then once I finished extracting all of my ideas that is the time that I will go over back with it and arrange it in terms of proper grammar, paragraph and if I had used correct vocabularies and coherence.