How secure is your paypal account?

animeshe14

Well being a freencers my clients would often send payments directly through my paypal account but just wondering "How secured is paypal?"

With this day and age, hackers are getting more clever in hacking accounts. Well even international banks are not safe from them. So how about paypal or other websites like it? how secure are they ?

KikoLyne

Paypal is already very secured thus you don't need to care how to secure for it.

Just make sure a thing is your computer clear with virus and keylogger which might install by hackers on your PC so it can steal your account information and you can loose your PP from it.

Always use Anti virus software to scan your PC for virus and make your password strong as possible.

Reactions: ims

Hostlumina

Agreed,

PayPal and many merchants out there are very secure however nothing is 100%, so regardless there is always that chance that someone might gain access to the data. There are many government, police, FBI, etc... sites that have been compromised regardless how advance their technology is/was.

Always take the following precautions so at least you know you have done your part to have a secure password:
- Select a strong password (mix of capital & lower case letters, numbers, and symbols).
- Setup Two-Factor Authentication if available
- Do not use the same password for everything
- Avoid using words that might relate to you (i.e. date of birth, son/daughter name, pet name, favorite color, favorite sports team, etc...) as they can be found public easily via social media sites such as facebook, twitter, etc...
- Change the password often (i.e. once or every 2 months)
- Do not share your password with anybody
- Have an up to date antivirus install on your PC(s)
- Be-careful when opening emails with unknown attachments.

Dean

I've been using Paypal since 1999 and have never had any security issues or anyone access my account ever, and I use it a lot. If you are ever worried about the security then you can always setup their 2 factor authentication to add an extra layer of protection to help stop unauthorized access to your account.

Cheers, Dean.

vishwa

PayPal is very secure payment processor. I am using it from past 8 years and never had any security issues with them. I am also agree with what dean have said, you can use 2 factor authentication.

ulterios

I have been using Paypal for around 15 years or so and haven't had any kind of security issues at all. They are actually well known as being a secure payment system so I don't think that there will be any problems and if there are they will take care of the issue and make it right, I am sure. ;)

Maria Marketing

I've used paypal for several years for both buying things and for receiving payments and have not had any problems with it ever. I think that if you keep your password strong then you should be fine most of the time. They do have an app to add second factor login that I saw several months ago if you have concerns about people hacking your paypal account.

Arieee

It's almost impossible to hack into a PayPal account, so don't worry, your funds are safe! :)

squeeze

You are 100% securely in paypal.Why?If someone use your account third party they know it.They will require now some document's which your identity and your profile same.If you can't pass those document's now your in big trouble your account will be limited and need to resolved by your identity.Not only that in dispute transaction you must take an action or else your funds will pending.

shilpa

PayPal is very secure when it comes to being falsely driven to misuse. It ensures a better account recovery option, good customer support in case of any frauds or complaints, a 2 way authentication system that protects your account from falling into the wrong hands. So I think it's pretty much secure than other payment gateways.

JoeMilford

I have never had any security issues with PayPal--hell, I have had them with my own bank, but never with PayPal, which I think is ironic. I think you can definitely trust this company, and, from what I understand, if you ever do get frauded, they have an excellent securities and customer service department to come to your aid. They want your continued business.

fishmonk

PayPal is absolutely amazing and secure. I have two accounts registered from two different countries currently which I use for freelancing purpose. I am satisfied with the speed and security of my withdrawals thus far. Acount recovery is great as their customer support is very responsive. I had lost my access due to my termination of phone number several months back.

I definitely trust PayPal as my local bank is able to top up funds and has an excellent link with PayPal. The only drawback I find is only due to my country's national bank regulation which refrains me from conversion of USD to my local currency.

Tania997

Paypal account are impossible to hack, and even if someone is able to pull off a miracle they usually respond instantly to disputes or questions about something. Your funds are safe. I've been using paypal for a long time and I trust it more than my bank account.