How many factors in SEO?

surferz

Does anyone know all SEO factors? if know, how many?

and what are the most important SEO factors I should follow to increase my keyword positions in search engine results?

elcidofaguy

The rumour is that G has around 200 ranking factors.. Each one having a different weighting which contributes to the overall ranking/trust score. Check out this article which attempts to cover all of them. The main ranking factor by far relates to backlinks i.e. the quality of providing site, backlinking profile, age of backlink, type of backlink (do follow)... Other related linking factors include internal linking structure (silos) as well as outbound links on your website..... In addition the age and velocity of backlink creation counts too..

elcidofaguy

what are backlinking profile and internal linking structure (silos)?

Backlinking profile is basically a summary of the sites/pages which provide links to your site... This includes anchor text as well as authority/ranking metrics of the providing site/page such as Moz DA/PA Majestic CF/TF as well as PR which is now outdated... Here is an example diagram I found online which provides a little more insight:

90106.png

Regarding Silos - the quick and simple answer is that this relates to your internal links.. When done right you can funnel link juice to certain pages which you are attempting to rank e.g.

Page A > B
Page C > B
Page D > B

In the above example we are attempting to funnel link juice to page B with using links and anchor text to describe page B.

Here is a good diagram explaining Silos:

SEO-Silo-structure-example.jpg

Hope that helps!

Cheers,

Sid

elcidofaguy

this considers as spam? because on profile page, content is low quality and only use for increasing backlinks.
I'm not sure what you mean exactly but for sure when creating/getting backlinks then the ones that matter are those from websites/pages which are trusted by G and have authority... Indeed the worst type of backlinks are from spammy low quality sites which are either ignored by G or worse can contribute to penalty e.g. G's penguin algo....

With that all said - its important to remember that G's core algo is still based on links, in fact its links which glues the internet together... Without them it wouldn't really be much of a world wide web...

There are the many factors in seo but some imporant factors are given below:
1. Domain Age:“The difference between a domain that’s six months old versus one year old is really not that big at all.”.In other words, they do use domain age…but it’s not very important.

2. Keyword Appears in Top Level Domain: Doesn’t give the boost that it used to, but having your keyword in the domain still acts as a relevancy signal. After all, they still bold keywords that appear in a domain name.

3. Keyword As First Word in Domain: A domain that starts with their target keyword has an edge over sites that either don’t have the keyword in their domain or have the keyword in the middle or end of their domain.

4. Domain registration length:“Valuable (legitimate) domains are often paid for several years in advance, while doorway (illegitimate) domains rarely are used for more than a year. Therefore, the date when a domain expires in the future can be used as a factor in predicting the legitimacy of a domain”.

Dean

4. Domain registration length:“Valuable (legitimate) domains are often paid for several years in advance, while doorway (illegitimate) domains rarely are used for more than a year. Therefore, the date when a domain expires in the future can be used as a factor in predicting the legitimacy of a domain”.
I have heard that it helps to have longer registrations but how long do you think will be needed to get some kind of SEO benefit?

Cheers, Dean.

ulterios

There are a countless amount of factors for SEO and it's hard to put an exact number on it. It might be better to look at the ranking factors of the search engines and see which SEO factors influence those.

With search engines like Google and their ranking factors, their are said to be over 200 different ranking factors so I would look at those and see what SEO techniques and practices have a role in those.

It would just be too hard to put an exact number to this question and it be 100% accurate. ;)

Does anyone know all SEO factors? if know, how many?

and what are the most important SEO factors I should follow to increase my keyword positions in search engine results?
SEO is to improve the SERP result. Google provides SERP result more than 200 user experience signal obtained from the users when using a site. hence its important to satisfy the users with fresh relevant content, high quality images, easy navigation, etc.

matteomatt

Good information posted here. First, on page you need the right stuff. For example using header tags and having your keywords in them, but not stuffing keywords in excessively. There are so many factors.
Having your main keywords in your text is important, but just a small piece.

Search engines like websites that update with unique content and look active. Obviously having high quality backlinks to your website is also a big factor. Social media links and activity also plays a role.

odhran

Obviously having high quality backlinks to your website is also a big factor.
Only, if you have relevant and high quality content. Quality sites will link to you even you're not doing link building.

Ben

I didn't know this one since I am still trying to learn seo better. Do you mean that we will get a better search ranking if we pay for registering our domain for more than one year at a time? How many years is good?

Storm

I have been doing a lot of research on seo because I want to learn as much as I can about it and I have seen over 50 different factors that are used to rank websites. I don't know what the total is but I bet Google and the rest are not going to tell anyone all of them.