How is a quality backlink?

Mark007

There isn't any tool to check the quality of a backlink. But you can decide it by studying the backlinks built. Quality backlinks actually refers to the links built from relevant domains with good authority and free from link farms. These backlinks help to promote your keywords in search engines and help improve your website ranking.

PTTed

Can anyone tell me how is a quality backlink?

Are there tools to check that or i can do manually checks?

I think you meant to ask "What is a quality backlink?"

Here are the things I look at to give me an idea of how much a link from a page/website might be worth:

* Page Authority of the page as measured by Moz toolbar
* Domain Authority of the domain as measured by Moz toolbar
* PageRank (MozRank) of the page as measured by Moz toolbar and/or SEO Quake toolbar
* Domain Trust as measured by Moz
* Trust Flow as measured by MajesticSEO
* Citation Flow as measured by MajesticSEO

In all of the above situations, more is better, especially Trust flow, Page Authority and Domain Authority

I would also consider this:
* Is the link rel="nofollow" or not (If the link is rel="nofollow" then consider it worthless for SEO)(still might want the link though)
* How many outbound links are there on the page in total (less links on the page means more PageRank passes through my link)
* Are there any spam links on the page (I want zero spam links on the page)
* Where would my link be positioned on the page? (preferably above other links and preferably in the highest part of the heatmap on the page)
* Can I get the anchor text I want (hopefully yes, but I generally disregard whether or not I can get the anchor text that I want)
* Will this link remain permanently or at least semi-permanently? (I generally don't waste my time on temporary links)
* Will the link look natural or not? (if not then I would second guess whether to get it)

A lot of people worry about relevancy of links and consider a highly relevant link to be higher quality. Personally I prefer a relevant link, but for SEO purposes I don't care if it is relevant or not.

Reactions: ims

david smith

The backlink that one creates for their website must be from a relevant and credible website. A backlink that positively helps the rankings of a website for specific keywords or a backlink that drives an enormous amount of valuable and targeted traffic to the website can be considered as a quality backlink.

Traveler

One that I have used to check them is openlinkprofiler.org. It will tell you what links are bad and some other things. I don't know if it is the best but it seems good and it is free.