how does an affiliate program work?

elasticcat

I would like to know on how does an affiliate program work?
Can I build an affiliate for my site or do I need to hire someone to do that?

Please share your advice!

Dean

An affiliate program is basically a program that you can join, market a product or service of someone else, then you will make a commission off of any sales that are generated by your marketing efforts. A seller provides the product or service and you try to go and sell it. The seller pays you for each sale you make.

If you want to build an affiliate site to showcase and/or market your affiliate offers you can either do it yourself or you can pay someone to build one for you, it's your choice.

Cheers, Dean.

Ben

This is an easy one. An affiliate program is for the most part just a program in which some sells the products or services of another person or company and they get a part of the sale that is made.

ulterios

An affiliate program is just a sales program where an affiliate does marketing and promoting of the product or service of a seller. Usually an affiliate makes a commission for sales/leads/etc. for the advertiser. The advertiser provides something like a product or service and uses affiliates to go out and market and promote them.

If you are creating an affiliate program for a products/service/etc. you can either set it up yourself if you know how or pay someone to set it up for you.

If you are looking to market/promote/sell affiliate items on your website then the same thing applies as it does above. You can either set it up yourself if you know how or pay someone to set it up for you.