How did you improve knowledge about graphic design?

Adrianhenry

I am studying blogging, IT and marketing and hope to specialize in graphic design in the future. How do I go about gaining practical knowledge about graphic designing?

Any assistance will be highly appreciated!

maji99

A good place to start would be right here on The Internet Marketing Star. A good exercise is to visit as many forums and sections of the forum and find out which posts and articles are about graphic design.

Watch YouTube videos on the subject and do the stuff they they do in the videos. I would get Illustrator and Youtube Illustrator tutorials.

Daniel Evans

I learned by constantly monitoring the work of leading logo designers on logo portfolio websites and slowly but surely improving upon my own work.

I've taken the seat at the other side of the desk now and I'm thoroughly enjoying teaching the subject from my perspective but I'm always in learning mode as everyone should be! :)

ulterios

What has worked best for me is just tinkering around and trying new things for designs.

I also like to do a lot of research on things I might not know how to do and with the combination of YouTube and a search engine you can find a lot of good information to help learn.

Time and practice are keys to learning more about graphic design.

Dean

I think the best way to learn more about graphic design is to read as much as you can on the subject and watch some good videos from quality sources. Then after you have read about something, go and try to do it yourself and see what happens.

There is a ton of information on graphic design out there, you just have to go and look for it.

I have gotten much better with my own works but I am always trying to research and learn new things to improve on my abilities.

Graphic design skills can come in real handy if you own a website/blog or even many. You can do many tasks yourself with more skills you learn.

Research by reading or watching videos and then go try!

Cheers, Dean.

KeralMTG

I learned by constantly monitoring the work of leading logo designers on logo portfolio websites and slowly but surely improving upon my own work.
That sounds like a good method but how can you tell which designers are the ones you be checking?

Maria Marketing

I have been watching a lot of videos on Youtube about graphic design so that is where I have gotten quite a bit of good knowledge.

Some of the things they say or terms they use are not really for someone new to this so I have had to look some things up. Whilst I understand the need to be technical sometimes they should try to understand that not all people will understand all the terms used and make some changes or brief explanations. :)

Traveler

This is something that I have been trying to improve on these days so I have been watching some videos online and have actually learned a few cool things. I am trying to come up with a logo for my online business and wanted to do it myself if possible. I have also found some good tips on a few design blogs I found in a search. There are some real cool things that you can do with software these days.

ulterios

This is something that I have been trying to improve on these days so I have been watching some videos online and have actually learned a few cool things. I am trying to come up with a logo for my online business and wanted to do it myself if possible. I have also found some good tips on a few design blogs I found in a search. There are some real cool things that you can do with software these days.
Watching videos is one of the top ways that people learn how to improve their graphic design skills. You can search a site like YouTube and find many different videos on graphic design.

bijutoha

Do it start to learn everything in GD. When you'll stop to do something there, just ask them in Google. Yes, this is my, one of the best way to make my self happy in Graphic Design.

Sudipta Sen

Only just, I tried to sum up my last quite a few years of being a graphic designer in order to find out what really brought me to the level I’m at today. Nothing happens at once. It takes a countless number of hours, plus exercise and patience.

Raeann Bell

Spend some time getting acquainted with the graphic design landscape and plan your career. Graphic design is a large discipline, which is directly involved in numerous occupations. Learning the potential of the field will help you decide what you want to focus on. You may be attracted to print design, advertising, interface design, or another graphic design or related field.

Marlboro

Watching videos is one of the top ways that people learn how to improve their graphic design skills. You can search a site like YouTube and find many different videos on graphic design.
This advice is great!

Also you can use Google to search for tutorials, ask questions and so on.