How can I monitor my website uptime?

JennyJ

I want to have the uptime for my blog monitored but I am not sure how is best to do that. Do I have to add some code to my website or is there another way?

Marcos

I have used a service that will monitor your website and notify you when it goes down. I believe it is called uptime robot. There are free and paid plans.

KeralMTG

You do not have to add code to your site if you do not want to. There are many services that will do it for you and you can find some in google. If you have your domain at namecheap then they have a service that does it for you for free.

Maria Marketing

If you have a website that is a wordpress website that is using the jetpack plugin then they have a feature to monitor the uptime of your website.

I do not know how good it is but you can do some checking on it to see if it meets your needs.

ulterios

If you are looking for a free solution then I would second the suggestion for uptime robot. They are the best uptime monitoring service that I have used that offers a free option.

They have some paid offerings if you need some other features or want you site checked more than every 5 minutes but in most cases the 5 minute checks should work fine.

Dean

I use Uptime Robot for my website monitoring but I have recently noticed that some people are using Pingdom for their website uptime monitoring.

I have not tried it yet so I can't say how good they are but their other services are great so you may want to look at them as well as the others mentioned.

I wouldn't rely too much on the Jetpack uptime monitoring. I have them installed on a few of my sites and I don't get notified every time like I do with Uptime Robot. Just an FYI.

MVPS

Uptime Robot works quite well. Host-tracker is still working nicely, although, the UI is very ugly.