How accurate are translation software?

Artemis _Knight

I want to offer another service to my clients which is translations but I don't know any other language than English and my native language. I am planning to use a translation software to get the job done but I am not sure how accurate the translation will be.
I don't want to offer my clients mediocre translation at par with a google translated sentence.

Can anyone tell me of how accurate are translation software?
Can you tell me any free and accurate translation software in the web?

Hostlumina

My recommendation, if you don't know the language don't do it.

Can software translate? yes but it will not articulate it correctly resulting in a horrible horrible translation. Having managed a team of 4 different languages in the past, I can tell you that the best translations are from native speakers of the language itself, strong writing and have a good handle of the other language.

We had software that did it and it was awful and sentences made zero sense. It actually created more work. You need to understand that 1 phrase doesn't just translate word for word as it will not make sense at all.

It is very hard to come across 'accurate' translation software. The reason for this is, a lot are coded to 'understand' things word for word. This is bad for several reasons, one being that a lot of languages will not make sense when the words are just translated word for word. If you do want to get an inaccurate translation, Google translate will do.

Artemis _Knight

Thanks the advice guys, so it seems I really have no choice but to learn a new langguage. Anyways, at least I'll have fun learning it.