Google Page Rank

jpy

Page Rank (PR) isn't around anymore but many sites on the net seem to act like it is. Note, it's now either secret or done away with. Instead, people are looking to Moz.com and it's metric of domain authority (DA). Anyway, why would some people cling to PR when it was gone long ago?

Gazoo

Well PageRank is still around but Google just does not share what the PR numbers for any given website are. They keep that information to themselves now so that people have a harder time of tampering with their rankings. I really didn't understand why they made it public in the first place years ago.

Now as for why people are clinging to PageRank, I really couldn't begin to understand other than the fact that they just don't want to move on and find other reliable information that they can use to help to determine the value of a site as far as SEO and rankings go.

I have actually seen people that are still listing backlinks, guest posts, domains for sale, websites for sale and they are stating PR as one of the metrics and stats for what they are trying to sell. Any PR info that they would have is probably way off of what the real PR would be for the site or domain in question since even the older PR sites that tell you the PR are using data that is years old and not accurate.

I doubt that Google will ever reinstate the public's ability to know the PR of a site so they need to just move on from thinking or worrying about PR and just use some of the other metrics that can be found like DA as you stated.

Ben

Google likes to keep a lot of things secret and keep certain information to themself. Pagerank is now just something in the shadows that we know is there somewhere but not too sure about it.

I really don't know why people are clinging to it. I see places selling backlinks and things like that to "Pagerank" websites. How do they know the site even still has any Pagerank?

Dean

I think that one reason that people are clinging to Pagerank is that they are not aware that Google no longer shares current Pagerank information with people and they see it being talked about a lot still.

There is a lot of old information and people re just not looking into it to see that we will no longer know what a pages Pagerank is anymore.

People do need to move on and use different metrics to check things but some people just don't de enough research to check the accuracy of information and other things that they see.

KeralMTG

Page Rank (PR) isn't around anymore but many sites on the net seem to act like it is. Note, it's now either secret or done away with. Instead, people are looking to Moz.com and it's metric of domain authority (DA). Anyway, why would some people cling to PR when it was gone long ago?
People are clinging to it because they still see sellers that are selling pagerank link and other things for websites and they still use that term. There is also much old information on many websites that talks about pagerank so some people do not know better.

Storm

It wasn't gone long ago it's just that Google is now keeping it a secret so people can do any kind of manipulations to their search rankings.

People though will cling to something like this because they don't know that they will never again know what the pagerank for a site is or they are mislead by others who don't know what they are talking about.