Google Mobile Algorithm Change. Useless hype?

RDO Servers

I'm sure everyone heard all the buzz about Google penalising non-mobile-friendly sites in their recent algorithm change.

How has it affected your site? Was all the hype a bit anti-climactic?

If your site is not mobile friendly, did your rankings/traffic take a hit?

If your site is mobile friendly, did your rankings/traffic get a boost?

Luca

I haven't seen any change on my site since it's suppose to be mobile-friendly to begin with, but whether Google's mobile algorithm change is going to penalise non-mobile-friendly sites or not, I think it's better to implement a mobile-friendly version of our sites anyway, since a lot of people are using their mobile devices to browse the internet nowadays, and the numbers are growing :)

Reactions: ims

RDO Servers

but whether Google's mobile algorithm change is going to penalise non-mobile-friendly sites or not, I think it's better to implement a mobile-friendly version of our sites anyway, since a lot of people are using their mobile devices to browse the internet nowadays, and the numbers are growing :)

Very true. All sites should be mobile responsive no matter what. There are more people browsing the internet on a mobile device then a PC. Just look around when your at a restaurant waiting on a table.

I was just curious about the actual result post-algorhythm change. Sooooo many people were talking like when the change hit, non-mobile friendly sites would be de-listed and never get any traffic again! Probable all marketing hype from front end web designers! lol