Good or Bad shopping experiences with Amazon?

Dean

I have been looking to make a couple of decent dollar amount purchases and the best prices for what I am looking for have been found on Amazon.

I don't have much experience buying on Amazon and was curious as to if I should buy there or pay more and make my purchases elsewhere.

I don't know how their buyer protection is which is one reason that I am concerned.

If you've bought on Amazon before, how was your buying experience?

Cheers, Dean.

Muzzamil

I have been looking to make a couple of decent dollar amount purchases and the best prices for what I am looking for have been found on Amazon.

I don't have much experience buying on Amazon and was curious as to if I should buy there or pay more and make my purchases elsewhere.

I don't know how their buyer protection is which is one reason that I am concerned.

If you've bought on Amazon before, how was your buying experience?

Cheers, Dean.
I have been buying from Amazon for quite awhile and I never had any problem. I buy all of my books from amazon and all them come in new condition and they get shipped pretty quick. But sometime it can take a quite awhile if your order is pretty big. I ordered about 8 books together and it took about two weeks while every time I order like 2 or 3 books together, they come in about 5 days. Also if you order something from Amazon and it get lost in the way or you don't like it, you can return it and get your money back. Although I never had to return anything ever because I always what I expected. If you have anymore questions about Amazon, please let me know.

Dean

I have been buying from Amazon for quite awhile and I never had any problem. I buy all of my books from amazon and all them come in new condition and they get shipped pretty quick. But sometime it can take a quite awhile if your order is pretty big. I ordered about 8 books together and it took about two weeks while every time I order like 2 or 3 books together, they come in about 5 days. Also if you order something from Amazon and it get lost in the way or you don't like it, you can return it and get your money back. Although I never had to return anything ever because I always what I expected. If you have anymore questions about Amazon, please let me know.
Thanks Muzzamil, your helpful replies are always appreciated.

Normally I would have no problem in using them but I have so little experience in dealing with them and the purchases I am looking to make are higher dollar purchases so I am just a little worried with dealing with their system. That's why I was looking for input like yours.

I was also worried about them not accepting Paypal which is what I usually like to pay with since it gives an extra layer of protection. Lower dollar purchase I wouldn't worry about so much but since they are not in the lower range and not taking Paypal I have some concerns.

I just don't know what Amazon does in cases where something goes wrong. I know that I am probably just over thinking things but a little input from other people does help.

Thanks again for your help Muzzamil.

Cheers, Dean.

TCoder

I never had an issue with Amazon, I ordered items like 60 inch Tv's and beds.

They have a great return policy and they always back the buyer in a dispute.

I have received defective items before, but returning them was quick and easy.

Dean

I never had an issue with Amazon, I ordered items like 60 inch Tv's and beds.

They have a great return policy and they always back the buyer in a dispute.

I have received defective items before, but returning them was quick and easy.
Thanks TCoder, things in these price ranges are about what I am looking to buy and since I haven't bought things like this on Amazon it just had me wondering as to how much protection a buyer has there.

I am used to making these purchases elsewhere where I am familiar with how well the buyer protection is so Amazon's methods are not something I know about.

Perhaps I am just worrying too much but as I said to Muzzamil, since they don't take Paypal it had me worried since I would be lose a layer of protection. If they accepted Paypal then I would have just made the purchase and would have known that I had that protection.

Thanks for the input and sharing your experiences.

Cheers, Dean.

Dean

Maybe its complicated for you at first, but I have no problem with Amazon :)
I was not meaning it is complicated but that I am not sure how secure (from the sellers, not Amazon) higher money purchases are since I have not made any on Amazon. Do you think that they are safe for spending large amounts with sellers there that are not Amazon being the seller?

Storm

I've had good experiences in buying from amazon but I haven't really bought anything too expensive so I don't know how those kind of purchases would go. I always read the reviews to kind of get an idea about who I might buy from. Sometimes the reviews are good enough to make you buy from a seller or stay away from one. Always check a seller out before buying from them.

matteomatt

I have never had any bad experiences with Amazon, and to be honest it is usually the cheapest way to buy things. I will say that it might vary from each individual seller, so read reviews.

Ben

I have never had any bad experiences with Amazon, and to be honest it is usually the cheapest way to buy things. I will say that it might vary from each individual seller, so read reviews.
I have seen where some people say that some of the reviews are fake. Do you think they are or do you trust them?

Dean

Thanks for all your input's everyone, I appreciate your time and sharing your experiences.

Cheers, Dean.

Reactions: Ben

ulterios

Have you checked eBay to see if what you are wanting to buy is on there? Usually most things that you can find on Amazon are also found on eBay. Plus they have great buyer protection and I have had to use it a couple of times before and it was great.

I am not overly fond of selling on eBay but buying is good.

Traveler

When I was living in the US I used to buy from amazon sometimes and only had one problem with a seller that sent the wrong item and wouldn't exchange it or refund. After I contacted amazon the seller decided to do the exchange and give me what I paid for. It was only for something about 50 dollars though so I don't know how the higher priced things would work out.

Dean

When I was living in the US I used to buy from amazon sometimes and only had one problem with a seller that sent the wrong item and wouldn't exchange it or refund. After I contacted amazon the seller decided to do the exchange and give me what I paid for. It was only for something about 50 dollars though so I don't know how the higher priced things would work out.
It's funny how some sellers don't want to take care of something until Amazon decides to get involved. They are more scared of not being able to sell on Amazon than they are of having a bad seller reputation. It's ashamed that sometimes a buyer has to go that far before a seller fixes their problems.

Cheers, Dean.

Traveler

It's funny how some sellers don't want to take care of something until Amazon decides to get involved. They are more scared of not being able to sell on Amazon than they are of having a bad seller reputation. It's ashamed that sometimes a buyer has to go that far before a seller fixes their problems.

Cheers, Dean.
As soon as they think they might get some bad things happen with amazon then they start to move. Even when it's their fault.

Dean

As soon as they think they might get some bad things happen with amazon then they start to move. Even when it's their fault.
Funny, the same thing is how some sellers on ebay do it.

Cheers, Dean.

Maria Marketing

When I was living in the US I used to buy from amazon quite often and only had 2 problems. Both were sellers mistakes and after contacting amazon they took care of the matter and had the sellers fix their mistake. I think that most of the time you will be fine buying on amazon but I would always try to use sellers with good reputations and stay away from new or bad sellers just to be safe.

Dean

When I was living in the US I used to buy from amazon quite often and only had 2 problems. Both were sellers mistakes and after contacting amazon they took care of the matter and had the sellers fix their mistake. I think that most of the time you will be fine buying on amazon but I would always try to use sellers with good reputations and stay away from new or bad sellers just to be safe.
Yes, I always try to go with sellers that have better reputation and feedback, even if I have to pay a higher price I think that the added piece of mind is worth it.

Cheers, Dean.