Freelance website rates?

animeshe14

Hi, Guys.

I just notice that every time my client pays me for a job 10% of my earnings is being deducted by Freelance.
I know this is totally ok, I am just curious on how much other freelance websites are charging for every successful project completed.

Hostlumina

Personally the cheapest i seen is with Elance @ 8.75%. Might be worth visit each of the top sites and do further comparisons on regards features and the possibility to reduce the fees.

Here is a chart I found, however keep in mind this is from 2014 so prices might have changed since.

FreelanceSiteComparison.jpg

animeshe14

Thanks for that @Hostlumina. I haven't win a bid yet in other sites except freelancer.com so I am not really aware of the % they charge to freelancers. This is the first time I've seen the site Rat Race Rebellion. Is it a specialized freelance site or is it open for all freelancers of different fortes?

Hostlumina

Thanks for that @Hostlumina. I haven't win a bid yet in other sites except freelancer.com so I am not really aware of the % they charge to freelancers. This is the first time I've seen the site Rat Race Rebellion. Is it a specialized freelance site or is it open for all freelancers of different fortes?

I haven't used it RRR it looks like is gear towards advertising your service. I personally wouldn't of put that on that chart IMHO (lol) however it appears that companies do post looking for freelancers.

animeshe14

I haven't used it RRR it looks like is gear towards advertising your service. I personally wouldn't of put that on that chart IMHO (lol) however it appears that companies do post looking for freelancers.

oh, interesting. I'll take a little peak in that site then. After all their is nothing wrong from learning something new.
:Dans2::Dans2:

RDO Servers

If you are looking to be a full time freelancer, having a constant flow of business can be a struggle.

The way I see it, the % they charge is well worth it for a easy way to find jobs, and have them handle the escrow and dispute assistance!

MidnightAngel

I just finished a job on Elance, and the percentage sounds about right. I'm not real sure of the percentage rates everywhere either, as I've only done work on freelance and elance, but it would be good to find out. Thanks for the post!