Do the search engine sites give you SEO tips?

Catherine1

I'm trying to learn as much about SEO as I can and I was wondering if the search engine websites like google and yahoo give SEO tips or advice to website owners?

I'm mainly talking about the things they want us to do or not do. I am pretty new to SEO and want to learn about it and I was wondering if those websites share any kind of information with the general public. I know they won't tell any of their secrets but I would think it would be in their best interest to share some information.

I found the webmaster best practices for google but that isn't really helpful. If you know where I can find some i'd appreciate it if you could point me in the right direction as to where to look. :DD:

KeralMTG

I do not think they will give you too many tips but they do want you to follow their guidelines for webmasters to make the results better in their search index. You can probably find better information on the best seo sites.

Muzzamil

I'm trying to learn as much about SEO as I can and I was wondering if the search engine websites like google and yahoo give SEO tips or advice to website owners?

I'm mainly talking about the things they want us to do or not do. I am pretty new to SEO and want to learn about it and I was wondering if those websites share any kind of information with the general public. I know they won't tell any of their secrets but I would think it would be in their best interest to share some information.

I found the webmaster best practices for google but that isn't really helpful. If you know where I can find some i'd appreciate it if you could point me in the right direction as to where to look. :DD:
Google doesn't really give tips on how to rank your website higher because if they did everybody would be doing that. But google does have their policies that you have to follow and if you follow them properly, google spiders do look at your website and mark it a good website. Sometimes google does ban you if you don't follow their policies. Back in 2012, many people got their websites taken down by google because they were using landing pages without fully built websites. If you want to learn more about google policies, you can just google them. So to your question, no search engine gives instructions on how to do proper SEO and rank your website high.

Catherine1

I do not think they will give you too many tips but they do want you to follow their guidelines for webmasters to make the results better in their search index. You can probably find better information on the best seo sites.
I know they won't give out their secrets but I think if they gave some then it would help them to provide the best search results.

How can I tell which are the best SEO websites? Just look at the ones in the top of the search results?

Catherine1

Google doesn't really give tips on how to rank your website higher because if they did everybody would be doing that. But google does have their policies that you have to follow and if you follow them properly, google spiders do look at your website and mark it a good website. Sometimes google does ban you if you don't follow their policies. Back in 2012, many people got their websites taken down by google because they were using landing pages without fully built websites. If you want to learn more about google policies, you can just google them. So to your question, no search engine gives instructions on how to do proper SEO and rank your website high.
Well don't you think they should just give some tips just to help them get better results in their searches? Otherwise their searches might not have the best results. You know what I mean? Just some tips to make sure that the search results are not showing junk websites at the top.

KeralMTG

I know they won't give out their secrets but I think if they gave some then it would help them to provide the best search results.

How can I tell which are the best SEO websites? Just look at the ones in the top of the search results?
Well they do not want people to try to cheat on the results so they only give basic information. If you check sites like moz blog or search engine land then they will give much better tips.

Dean

The search engines sites are not going to share too much information in this area but they will share what they call their "Best Practices". These are things that they are saying are the best ways to do certain things. Although they aren't going to give away any of their secrets to rank better they will let you know some of the things that they want to see done to/for a website.

If you are looking for good SEO information then you best options are to look on some of the SEO authority sites as Keral stated above. These sites do have some real useful information on them that can help you rank your site better. Just do as much reading as possible on the subject and take some notes.

Hope this helps.

Cheers, Dean.

Catherine1

Well they do not want people to try to cheat on the results so they only give basic information. If you check sites like moz blog or search engine land then they will give much better tips.
Thanks, I will check them out and see what I can find.

Catherine1

The search engines sites are not going to share too much information in this area but they will share what they call their "Best Practices". These are things that they are saying are the best ways to do certain things. Although they aren't going to give away any of their secrets to rank better they will let you know some of the things that they want to see done to/for a website.

If you are looking for good SEO information then you best options are to look on some of the SEO authority sites as Keral stated above. These sites do have some real useful information on them that can help you rank your site better. Just do as much reading as possible on the subject and take some notes.

Hope this helps.

Cheers, Dean.
I saw some pages that had their best practices on them. Didn't see too much that would be of any help. I just thought it might be good for the search engines to give at least some basic tips so that it could improve their search results. I understand why they don't want to share too much though.

Dean

I saw some pages that had their best practices on them. Didn't see too much that would be of any help. I just thought it might be good for the search engines to give at least some basic tips so that it could improve their search results. I understand why they don't want to share too much though.
You are right and I can see how that might help their search results but Google is just overly cautious about sraing any kind of information regarding SEO so that people can't find a way to use what they share to play their system to get rankings they don't deserve.

I would just stick to the top SEO blogs and help sites as they are willing to share things that Google won't do themselves.

Cheers, Dean.

ulterios

The search engines are not going to give away any SEO tips but they do share some of their guidelines for what they want to see. The best way to get SEO tips is to check out some of the authority sites that are in the SEO field.

You'll get a lot more information from them since they are not the search engines that like to have their secrets. They have their reasons for this because they don't want people taking advantage of their system and get an unfair ranking in their opinion. Find some top SEO sites and read as much as you can and you'll get some good SEO information from them.

Good Luck. ;)

Shuqallilum

Google.jpg

Download

Shuqallilum

I was looking at that. Most of it seems pretty basic but I think it can be helpful for people who are just getting into it. I don't know much myself but still found some good information there.
My bad!

I thought you are looking for something basic. I just recently finished reading SEO Fitness Workbook, 2016 Edition: The Seven Steps to Search Engine Optimization Success on Google, by Jason McDonald.

I thought it was a decent read with some neat information.

Hope you find it helpful.

I particularly enjoyed applying the book as I was reading it. It offers pretty clear instructions and actionable tips.

Dean

My bad!

I thought you are looking for something basic. I just recently finished reading SEO Fitness Workbook, 2016 Edition: The Seven Steps to Search Engine Optimization Success on Google, by Jason McDonald.

I particularly enjoyed applying the book as I was reading it. It offers pretty clear instructions and actionable tips.
I am also always looking for good SEO information so I will have to check this one out myself since I haven't heard of it and I always like picking up new things that I can apply for my sites.

Thanks for sharing!

Cheers, Dean.

Ben

My bad!

No, not a problem at all. It does have some nice information in it and I even wrote down a few things to remember. Thanks for posting it.