Different social accounts for different products

Traveler

I was wondering if it would be better to have different social media accounts for each different type of product. I mean that one for technology and a different one for some other niche.

Do you think it is better to have different social media accounts for each product type or different niche items?

ulterios

I was wondering if it would be better to have different social media accounts for each different type of product.
I guess you can on the ones that allow multiple account but you don't have to do that. It would depend on exactly what you are wanting to accomplish.

I usually have different social media accounts for each of my websites just so I can keep them better organized and have the data for that particular account.

If the products are somewhat related then you don't have to unless you want to. It's basically a preference thing on what you think that you would prefer.

Dean

You would only really need to have different social media accounts if you wanted to or maybe if the different products that you were marketing just didn't go together to well.

Many people use just one social media account at each social media platform but then again there are many who do separate social media accounts so it all comes down to your personal choice.

Cheers, Dean.

Traveler

I was just wondering if it would hurt the marketing if they had several different types of products.

Maria Marketing

If you want to do something like that then I think it would be better to use separate accounts for each product category instead of each product type. If you do it by type then you will probably wind up having hundreds of accounts to manage.

Traveler

After some thinking and some opinions here I think it might be easier to not do this. It might also be hard to manage them all. Thanks IM'ers. :D

ulterios

After some thinking and some opinions here I think it might be easier to not do this. It might also be hard to manage them all. Thanks IM'ers. :D
You're right, it will probably be a lot easier and less time consuming to create different social media accounts for different products. However, if your products are vastly different then your followers and friends won't be as targeted as if you were covering only a smaller amount of products.

Just something to think about. ;)

KeralMTG

I think it will be too much difficulty to keep many accounts updated so I would say to use just one unless you have something that is a lot different from the rest.

Catherine1

I don't think that you would need different social accounts unless you were in several different niches or you have one thing in particular that you want to keep separate.

Storm

I think that if you have different social media accounts for different products it's just going to be a pain to keep track of everything and keep them updated. Just my opinion though but seems like it would be.