Difference between cloud hosting and vps?

The Dark Wizard

I tried and using a shared hosting package for my blogs

but cloud hosting is new to me, could any one tell me what it is and the difference between cloud hosting and vps? which type of hosting I should use for my blogs?

Hostlumina

VPS - is a shared environment very similar to shared hosting withe the exception of "dedicated" resources and the possibility of choosing your supported OS.

Cloud hosting - The data is spread among multiple servers allowing access to more resources such as ram and space, load balancing, scalable. An advantage is if one of the servers goes down another one will pick up creating redundancy within your providers infrastructure.

Price will be a factor between your traditional hosting and cloud hosting.

Here is a good article: http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/othe...-cloud-vs-shared-hosting-whats-the-difference

and

http://www.webhostingsecretrevealed.net/blog/web-hosting-guides/shared-vps-dedicated-cloud-hosting/

compare-web-hosting-options.jpg

Adrianhenry

Cloud hosting - The data is spread among multiple servers allowing access to more resources such as ram and space, load balancing, scalable. An advantage is if one of the servers goes down another one will pick up creating redundancy within your providers infrastructure.
I am wondering I should use cloud hosting in which case? or when should I choose cloud hosting for my blog?

Hostlumina

I am wondering I should use cloud hosting in which case? or when should I choose cloud hosting for my blog?

It comes down to your needs and wants...

If it is just a blog nothing critical and shared hosting/VPS is meeting your needs. I do not see any reason to look into cloud hosting.

I would highly suggest reading through the links to see what cloud hosting is in detail and determine if it is something that will fit your needs.

Labored

It is a wrong perception, however, that cheap web hosts entail poor quality of services because there are really, indeed, reputable web host providers that are offering affordable or cheap web hosting packages.

Lucastock

The virtual private server is the happy medium between the two alternatives. The server is partitioned and your company is afforded an entire one of the partitions. However, since the server is partitioned, other users on the server do not affect you in the same way as they might on a shared server.
I know several reliable hosts offering cheap VPS plans: SolVPS , LibertyVPS and MicroVPS - pricing, features and resources are unique.

Last edited by a moderator: