can we rank any keyword using guest posting on high pr blogs?

Many of my friends told me that we can rank any keyword using guest posting. If we guest post on various high pr blogs, will it help me to rank my site quicker?

Nytshade

Not ANY keyword, but yes you can rank for most keywords by doing some guest blogging on high authority sites. Just as long as you don't leave an obvious footprint like having a link to your website on the author bio box for instance. To avoid that then simply make sure your links are within the article.

It will also depend on the type of competition that is already ranking for that particular keyword, so you might want to do some research on your competition first to figure out if it's worth your time or money to use guest blogging in order to outrank them.

Hope that helps.

Not ANY keyword, but yes you can rank for most keywords by doing some guest blogging on high authority sites. Just as long as you don't leave an obvious footprint like having a link to your website on the author bio box for instance. To avoid that then simply make sure your links are within the article.

It will also depend on the type of competition that is already ranking for that particular keyword, so you might want to do some research on your competition first to figure out if it's worth your time or money to use guest blogging in order to outrank them.

Hope that helps.
Your post was really helpful. One more question I am having, is there any online tool available in order to research for keyword competitiveness? So that I could get an idea that the keyword I am trying to rank is of low competition or high?

Nytshade

Your post was really helpful. One more question I am having, is there any online tool available in order to research for keyword competitiveness? So that I could get an idea that the keyword I am trying to rank is of low competition or high?

Check out SEQuake and MozBar. You can use tools such moz, majestic and ahrefs to check out your competitor's Link Profile.

PhilipsEl

Hope that helps.

Great reply Nytshade! You are a helpful mod. Can you please tell me a name of a backlink checker (I don't like ahrefs or backlinkwatch so please recommend me something else!) so I can check my competitors backlinks?

Nytshade

Cool @PhilipsEl I'm glad to hear that you found my posts helpful, your positive feedback is much appreciated :Drinks:

Have you checked out these:

Code:
http://openlinkprofiler.org
http://www.backlinkwatch.com
http://www.ranksignals.com

You can also use Google webmaster tools to check your backlinks, and what's great about Google webmaster tools is that it doesn't count spam links. Hope that helps :)

Mark007

Building guest posts from high page rank websites will not help to rank your keywords faster in search engines. You need to build your links from high authority webpages with high quality content to improve your keyword ranking faster in search engines.