Blogger or WordPress for SEO?

andrewjohn1315

Ranking increase is not depend upon Platform of website . its depend upon the quality of website. But some of people prefer WordPress and some Blogger. Reason for both are different.
WordPress plugins are easily available for each things.

robertdn

I was wondering which platform everyone uses for increasing rankings on search engines, Blogger or WordPress ? and why?
For free blogs on wordpress and bloggers, I used both but if you build a wordpress blog for your own, I would build it from scratch and you have more benefits in SEO to your main sites.
I found that Bloggers are better than blogs at Wordpress.com if you want to use them for purposing SEO.

Hrishi Vardhan

Indeed wordpress has more plugins and attractive themes compared to blogger. Ranking and traffic factors are depend on your quality of content, your topic, length of article, what you have written in blog, is that a trendy or old topic content these all are matter in ranking rather than a platform. Both are good in their own characteristics.

Adrianhenry

If you are talking about free blogs then I would opt for blogger
Thanks for your suggestion, I thought wordpress.com is also offering free blog on their platform.
Indeed wordpress has more plugins and attractive themes compared to blogger. Ranking and traffic factors are depend on your quality of content, your topic, length of article, what you have written in blog, is that a trendy or old topic content these all are matter in ranking rather than a platform. Both are good in their own characteristics.
I agree with you. If you only have a choice, which one you will go with? blogger or wordpress ?

Dean

Wordpress for sure if you are using one or the other for SEO. Since Blogger is a Google service I wouldn't want to do anything that they look down upon.

Google gets too much data through Blogger so if you are going to use it for some form of SEO that Google doesn't like then you had better be cautious!

Cheers, Dean.

KeralMTG

I think that wordpress is better for rankings because I always hear that wordpress has good seo and also because I always see some wordpress sites at the top of the search rankings. I never see blogger sites at the top of search results so this makes me think that they do not do well in the rankings.