Best SEO plugins for Wordpress

Adrianhenry

Currently I am using ultimate SEO plugin for the SEO of my wordpress blog.
Are there any Best SEO plugins for Wordpress which you like best, I am searching for a SEO plugin that help improve my blog post on search engine results

PTTed

I use Yoast Wordpress SEO plugin which is the best in its class in my opinion.

I have used other plugins over the years, most often one was All In One SEO, but I find Yoast has better features, its easier to use and just plain works.

I have also used YARP (yet another related posts) plugin that creates more internal links within your blog.

I have also used SEO Automatic links plugin which allows you to create contextually embedded links from your entire site and point them at specific pages.

Mostly though, I just use Yoast Wordpress SEO plugin for the on-page SEO and some Site-wide SEO. But then I do the rest of my SEO manually.

elcidofaguy

The problem with SEO plugins is that a lot people think you install it and that's it... To do effective SEO you need to do it manually and then apply that to your website i.e. no plugin is going to sort out your heading tags, title, description, alt attributes with LSI keywords etc.... For that you need to use your intellect and time/effort spent on research...

I also use Yoast SEO plugin - but what gets on my nerves is that damn traffic light indicator which encourages you to keyword stuff the url, title, description with an exact match etc which can cause problems with over optimization (penguin) - whilst not realizing semantically related keywords is a better approach... So ironically a SEO plugin can cause SEO problems lol...

In my opinion the best plugin is one where you can manually add your own tags to the <head> section i.e. canonical, title, description as well as other plugins which allow you to add custom PHP which you can use to write up bits of code such as referral tracking and parameter passing i.e. custom parameters on optin forms, ad tracking etc...

cwvps

The problem with SEO plugins is that a lot people think you install it and that's it... To do effective SEO you need to do it manually and then apply that to your website i.e. no plugin is going to sort out your heading tags, title, description, alt attributes with LSI keywords etc.... For that you need to use your intellect and time/effort spent on research...

I also use Yoast SEO plugin - but what gets on my nerves is that damn traffic light indicator which encourages you to keyword stuff the url, title, description with an exact match etc which can cause problems with over optimization (penguin) - whilst not realizing semantically related keywords is a better approach... So ironically a SEO plugin can cause SEO problems lol...

In my opinion the best plugin is one where you can manually add your own tags to the <head> section i.e. canonical, title, description as well as other plugins which allow you to add custom PHP which you can use to write up bits of code such as referral tracking and parameter passing i.e. custom parameters on optin forms, ad tracking etc...

I also use Yoast and I also always have this doubt about this traffic light. I get to the green light and then I stop. Is it not to be trusted?

Adrianhenry

Yoast SEO but its better to use less plugin and customize your wordpress manually. Even it will be better If you will not use any plugins.
Always be better if we use less plugins, I agree with you because of using more plugins will consume more web resource and decreasing security for whole site.

ashishaq

I think Yoast is a good SEO plugin because through this plugin you can add title tag , meta desc and meta keyword to your post and page. It also show you the performance of your page as per the SEO

ethany

I think we need to close this topic with 100% votes for SEO by yoast wordpress plugin :)

Will Smith

The most complete and effective tool for SEO that I want to recommend is SEO by Yoast. Here are some reasons:
- It has simple meta tag additions. We use it to add post title, meta description, meta keyword.
- It provide easier way to create XML sitemaps that support images.
- SEO by Yoast allows you to add custom RSS footer for our WordPress posts.

ulterios

I have used just about all the top SEO plugins over the last few years and have done lots of testing with them. I have quite a few sites and all types with different setups, purposes, niches and so on, so I was able to do testing in a lot of different situations and with different plugins and setups.

Overall the best one that worked for me the best, was easiest to use and worked properly without any issues, bugs or incompatibilities was the All in One SEO Pack plugin.

Yoast was another good one but I ran into a few incompatibilities with some other plugins that I was using. It was also a little annoying as well with the popups and the indicator light telling you that basically you need to cram more keywords into all aspects of a post.

If All in One SEO wasn't around then i'd probably just use Yoast, but for right now I stick with what works the best for me and is less annoying.

elisajames

ALL in one SEO pack :olov:

I used this plugin on many blogs and it is easy to control SEO factors for my site.

You can optimize title, description for each page, category and have a good xml sitemap to submit to search engines.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dean

This one is usually a preference choice and the two top choices are Yoast and All in One SEO. I like to use the All in One SEO plugin myself and have it on all of my sites. I have used others but this one is my personal favorite.

Cheers, Dean.