Benefits from submitting Sitemap.xml in Google webmaster tool?

wiredtolive

Hello,

Doesn anyone know benefits from submitting Sitemap.xml in Google webmaster tool?

or It's only a common way to do in each time publishing a new site.

Please share your thought?

aaron kev

Simple and important use of sitemap: They help to get your site and it's pages indexed in google really fast. So basically they are important for on-site seo.

vaishnav2010

xml sitemap helps seach engine crawlers to crawl your website, It helps the Search Engine Crawler to navigate easily to all pages of Website also increase the indexing & caching of pages of website.

It will make sure that the engines index every page of your site so that it doesn't miss some. It is a good idea to submit it and then you know it is done.

elcidofaguy

I have to say that I disagree... G and other search engines do a great job of crawling your site through following your internal links on your site... I personally don't bother with them - but rather focus efforts on user navigation and use of silos to funnel link juice to primary pages which I am aiming to rank on the serps...

David Ewen

It is primarily thought of as an effective SEO resource. It is not hard to do, so it is definitely with the effort. Here is a brief summary of the steps.

1. On your Webmaster Tools home page, select your site.
  2. In the left sidebar, click Site configuration and then Sitemaps.
  3. Click the Add/Test Sitemap button in the top right.
  4. Enter /system/feeds/sitemap into the text box that appears.
  5. Click Submit Sitemap.

Hello,

Doesn anyone know benefits from submitting Sitemap.xml in Google webmaster tool?

or It's only a common way to do in each time publishing a new site.

Please share your thought?

Fastest way to get your entire site indexed is to submit a sitemap to Google and Bing. Generally you can get your entire site indexed in a couple of weeks this way. Eventually the engines will index your site other ways if you don't submit a site map, but it can take forever. Having a site map submitted also means site changes get indexed faster too. Make sure to include in your robots.txt on its own line as well as submitting them to the engines:

Sitemap: http://yoursite.com/yoursitemap.xml