Any tips to build a blog from scratch and make money with it?

alylory28

As title mentioned, I want to build a blog for my hobbies and blogging it daily. Also, it can generate a little revenue for me.

would anyone share me any tips?

sam.hunt0710

Yes you can earn a little amount from your blog , Integrate your google adsense account ( if you have one )

otherwise apply for the adsense and then place ads in your blogs .

You can also try exoclick.com as a publisher ... Verify your account with your blog and create ads for your blog from dashboard ..copy paste the code given by exoclick on your blog and ads are live to go.

Last edited by a moderator:

PTTed

As title mentioned, I want to build a blog for my hobbies and blogging it daily. Also, I would like it to generate a little revenue for me.

Would anyone be willing to share any tips?

I am a big proponent of building authority sites using blogs. They are information based websites that serve as really useful resources of information for people who want to learn about that topic.

You can build them based on a hobby. You can also build them based on one single problem or one single question that a person runs into where they would use the internet to search for a solution to that problem.

An example of what I am talking about would be something like this. A lot of lonely girls out there are on the internet searching for "how to make a man fall in love with you". So a possible idea for a small authority site would be an entire website that teaches those girls how to get a man to fall in love with them. A person who is interested in that topic will spend as much time as possible on your website trying to soak up whatever knowledge you have to share with them about how to do that.

Of course you have to know what you are talking about. You have to deliver on what you are promising them. So the idea is to find a topic you know an awful lot about that a lot of people are searching for on the internet. Those types of sites attract traffic easily. Some are easily monetized and some are not. It depends on your topic area. But I have found the business model to be a pretty good one.

The main advantages to that type of site is that it tends to be easier to create content for because the topic area is so narrow. And you don't have to keep creating new content for it every week like you normally would do with a traditional blog. Instead of creating new content all the time, you simply create a dozen or so pages of evergreen content that will stand the test of time. You can return to your website and update the information on it as you see fit. But, the core content of your site never really changes much. That makes the website earn more passive income rather than requiring active administration all the time.

Write really great content. Once you generate traffic, you can sell ad slots like this site does. Promote affiliate products too.

elcidofaguy

Some good advice above.... Just to add - I recommend that you read up on epic content marketing... In sum make sure you have some articles on your website which are "pillar articles"... These pillar articles provide definitive details on a specific topic which is a key area to your niche... i.e. a super guide which can really impress people and can earn you natural backlinks, especially if you reach out to related blogs as well as ranking for competitive terms on the serps.