2 Smaller Blogs or 1 Big Blog?

Ellen F

I am wanting to get into 2 different niches for a couple of new blogs and was wondering if it would be better to have a separate blog for each niche or 1 bigger blog that covers both niches.

I don't know enough to know which would be the better way to do things so I am hoping that some experienced bloggers and marketers can help me out with some advice.

What's the best way to go?

Marcos

One would be much easier to manage than two but if they are from two different niches that do not go well together then you will need to do two separate so it looks proper.

ulterios

It's easier to maintain a single blog than multiple blogs so if the two niches are related and are two that would look right on the same blog then I say use one single blog.

If the two niches are very different then it's probably not the best idea to use a single blog.

Ana

I was thinking about also having 2 separate blogs for 2 different topics. After reading more about this I figured it may be easier to have just 1. Having 2 would mean double the amount of work time need on them I think making this more difficult.

Maria Marketing

If they are somethings that go together then 1 would be easier and cheaper to keep up. If they are 2 niches that don't belong together then I would do 2 myself.

Dean

Having just a single blog will surely be easier and have other benefits over having two blogs but as some of the others have started, it will be best if the two niches belong on the same blog or not.

If they will work well together then I would do just a single blog and then build it up.

Ellen F

@Marcos @ulterios @Ana @Maria Marketing @Dean

Thank you for all the replies everyone. The niches are quite different so I guess that you all think 2 would be better.

One is business related and one home related. I think they would be too different based on what you all have stated.

Maria Marketing

Thank you for all the replies everyone. The niches are quite different so I guess that you all think 2 would be better.

One is business related and one home related. I think they would be too different based on what you all have stated.
If they are that different then 2 would most likely be the best option I think. You won't want your blog to look like a mess of different things.

Storm

One big blog would be a lot easier to take care of I think but if the two niches don't belong together then you should do two I think.

I like things to be simple and having one big blog is better for that but if it won't look right then I would not go that way.

Ellen F

One big blog would be a lot easier to take care of I think but if the two niches don't belong together then you should do two I think.

I like things to be simple and having one big blog is better for that but if it won't look right then I would not go that way.
The more I think about it the more I think that they just do not belong together so I will probably do 2 separate blogs. I am just going to start with 1 and get it going and then start the 2nd one after that.

Storm

The more I think about it the more I think that they just do not belong together so I will probably do 2 separate blogs. I am just going to start with 1 and get it going and then start the 2nd one after that.
That sounds like a good idea. I like having one project going at a time and then start another when that one is done or almost done so I can concentrate my time on it.

Traveler

If you mad a blog that was just a general information type site then you could do more than one niche that were different but I don't know how it would do.

Kania

I have not been doing internet marketing for very long but it seems to me like 2 blogs would be better since they are for different things. Then this way you can target on niche better and more complete with many different promotions and offers for that niche and maybe have more sales.

Ellen F

@Storm, That sounds like a great idea. I do tend to take on too many things at once.

@Traveler, They are a little too different to belong on a general information blog. Making 2 will probably be the wise choice for my needs.

@Kania, I agree with you there and that will most likely be what I end up doing.

Storm

@Ellen F

That is one of my biggest problems and I have been trying to eliminate some things and shrink my work and task load lately.

Ana

You are welcome Ellen of course. I wish you good luck and much success with your blogs.

Ellen F

@Ellen F

That is one of my biggest problems and I have been trying to eliminate some things and shrink my work and task load lately.
That has been what I have been trying to do for a while now and I am just starting to get a little less on my plate. I switched jobs also to help with this.

Storm

That has been what I have been trying to do for a while now and I am just starting to get a little less on my plate. I switched jobs also to help with this.
I have mostly been trying to eliminate or cut down on things that take a lot of time so I can spend more time doing my marketing and with some luck increase my earnings. I am trying to be more productive with the amount of time I spend doing it also and trying to eliminate distractions.