Windows 10 and antivirus software

MidnightAngel

So, I realize that Windows 10 has built in protection for my pc just like 8 did. But what I'm trying to decide is whether or not to download Avast or another free antivirus software or should I just stick with the protections that 10 provides for me? What do you all think? :Computer:

RDO Servers

I still run AVG free edition on mine.

AVG all the way! Back in the day I used to use Avira AntiVir (was the absolute best), but these days AVG Free does absolutely everything you need it to do, and does a damn good job at it.

Hostlumina

Interesting question. I use kaspersky internet security so I wouldn't be able to tell you of any free antivirus.

it be interesting what the benefits are over Microsoft essentials based on the recommendation. Used AVG long time ago it was solid is there much improvement and better protection over essentials?

RDO Servers

Used AVG long time ago it was solid is there much improvement and better protection over essentials?

I don't really know. I have used AVG for a long time and never had a problem, so I stick with it.

RDO Servers

I'll have to give it a shot on the wife's PC. Take her for dinner instead of buying a license to renew it :)

lol. Who knows, she might even like dinner more than kaspersky!

ulterios

I have tried several different antivirus software's over the years and Avast is the best one that I have used. I am using it on my Windows 10 PC and it works perfectly.

It is usually a preference of which antivirus software you choose, but I know for sure that Avast works great and doesn't have any bad side effects (slow, false, etc.) some antivirus software's do. Works perfect on Windows 10! ;)

Dean

I have Windows 10 and Avast Antivirus and they work great together so I would recommend it. Stay away from some of the off-brand or unheard of antivirus programs and you'll probably be ok.

Cheers, Dean.

Maria Marketing

I have windows 10 on one of my computers and it has avast antivirus and they both seem to work fine together. I haven't had any issues or problems with having both installed.