Why a professional website designed is important

bkannancgn

It's pretty simple, your website is like your business card presentation. If the visitors see a regular business card with amazing info on it maybe will save it and check it later. The same when they view a good website design they can bookmark it and visit it more and more times later. In other words.. designing your site is very important not just a site to show your products to your customers. if your product is good enough then you succeed. So, what do you guys think about web design? is it important for your website or not?

Of course a well designed site is important, that is if you require any interaction from visitors..

PTTed

It's pretty simple, your website is like your business card presentation. If the visitors see a regular business card with amazing info on it maybe will save it and check it later. The same when they view a good website design they can bookmark it and visit it more and more times later. In other words.. designing your site is very important not just a site to show your products to your customers. if your product is good enough then you succeed. So, what do you guys think about web design? is it important for your website or not?
Yes it is definitely important, especially if your website is your online presence for a real business.

There are still lots and lots of small businesses in America who have really ugly outdated websites that give you a poor impression of the company when you first land on their homepage. I try to convince them that they are tarnishing their image by doing that and that it only costs a few hundred dollars to get something relatively decent.

I am also amazed at how many small businesses don't have a web presence at all. Recently I was looking around for a contractor to hire to do some work on my home. I wanted to find a local contractor who is in my town. I know there are more than 10 local contractors in my area who do the kind of work I wanted to have done. Yet, I could only find 3 websites. And only 2 of those 3 were easy to find. And only 1 of those contractors had a nice portfolio of photos from other jobs they had done. And guess what? When I called that contractor, he was booked solid for the next 9 months. When I called one of the contractors who doesn't have a web presence, he was available in a couple weeks.

I am amazed that someone who runs a business, especially a business like a residential contracting business, would not have a website to showcase their work. I think those people who don't have one are incredibly stupid and missing out on a fortune in lost business.