Who is your favorite domain registrar?

Dean

Most of us here are using domain names that we have bought from a domain name registrar. I am curious what the favorite domain name registrar is of some of our members.

I am kind of torn between Namesilo because they have the best overall prices for domain names and their renewals and Namecheap which has always been good to me. It's really too close for me to pick one.

Who is your favorite domain registrar?

Catherine1

I am using and like godaddy myself. Their control panel is a little confusing and not organized well but I do not use it much so that isn't a big problem.

Dean

I am using and like godaddy myself. Their control panel is a little confusing and not organized well but I do not use it much so that isn't a big problem.
Godaddy is another registrar that I like and use. It used to be my primary domain registrar but lost that position a few years ago.

You are right about their control panel. It's not the easiest to do and find things. It used to be much better then they changed it a couple years ago and from that point it became harder to find and do things in.

Catherine1

Godaddy is another registrar that I like and use. It used to be my primary domain registrar but lost that position a few years ago.

You are right about their control panel. It's not the easiest to do and find things. It used to be much better then they changed it a couple years ago and from that point it became harder to find and do things in.
I didn't know if it was tougher to use for me because I am not used to dealing with domain settings and things. It's good to know that it's not just me. :p

vishwa

Godaddy is my primary domain registrar. Their pricing is very affordable and I love to use discunted price when register domain with Godaddy. Namecheap also a good option to register domain names.

Storm

Lately my new favorite is Namesilo. I just started using them and they have great prices which is a big plus for me. some of the other registrars just have cheap first year registration prices and then jack up the prices when you need to renew the domains. Namesilo don't do that.

Dean

I think Namecheap resell eNom or at least they did.
They used to be an Enom reseller but they are an actucal registrar now I think. It used to say "Enom" in the whois data in the registrar part but lately that has all changed and now says "NameCheap, Inc." for the registrar.

Dean

And now eNom is part of Tucows. All changing
Yeah I heard about that. I would have thought that it would have been the other way around though.

Traveler

I like Namecheap the best these days. I used to like Godaddy but they charge too much for renewals and stopped allowing coupon codes.

Dean

I like Namecheap the best these days. I used to like Godaddy but they charge too much for renewals and stopped allowing coupon codes.
Godaddy still allows coupons but only if you haven't used one particular type before.

You are right about their renewals, they really need to get them down to a more competitive rate.

Traveler

Godaddy still allows coupons but only if you haven't used one particular type before.

You are right about their renewals, they really need to get them down to a more competitive rate.
I didn't know that or forgot it. Every time that I try to use a code it says that the code will not work for me and I have tried some different ones.

Dean

I didn't know that or forgot it. Every time that I try to use a code it says that the code will not work for me and I have tried some different ones.
Ever since they changed their policy on coupon code usage they have lost a lot of people to other registrars. I understand that they were losing money on the coupon codes but I would have thought that they would have found some middle ground so that they didn't lose customers in such large quantities.