Which is better, Adsense or Affiliate Marketing?

Catherine1

I have been thinking about applying to get approved by Google Adsense and in doing some information gathering I have found that there are many people that recommend affiliate marketing over Adsense.

They don't really go into detail but say that affiliate marketing usually makes more money but I have also seen and read the opposite so I am confused.

Which of these is better for making the most money, is it Google Adsense or affiliate marketing?

I will not even waste my time applying for Adsense if it's not going to make good money.

AdSense vs. affiliate marketing:
  • It’s easier to get into an affiliate network than it is to get an approved AdSense account
  • Affiliate marketing pays more than AdSense
  • Most of the affiliate companies offer PayPal as a payment method, whereas AdSense does not.
  • You can find affiliate products for all niches, but AdSense is not allowed on certain niches.
  • AdSense offers recurring income, whereas affiliate marketing pays once per shot.
  • AdSense is managed by Google alone, whereas there are many large and small affiliate companies.
  • Affiliate ads are more attractive, whereas we don’t have control over AdSense ads.

Dean

More people make more money from affiliate marketing than from Adsense for several reasons. Affiliate marketing will usually get you more money because you don't need lots and lots of clicks to make decent money.

Adsense usually needs a lot of clicks to make a good amount of money because they don't pay much for clicks except in certain things.

Affiliate marketing also doesn't require much traffic as Adsense usually does to make the same amount of money. Plus with affiliate marketing you can market without a website and use email marketing where with Adsense you can't do that.

Most of the times you are going to make more money with affiliate marketing than with Adsense but it can be good to use both on a website to kind of cover all aspects and income methods.

Catherine1

AdSense vs. affiliate marketing:
  • It’s easier to get into an affiliate network than it is to get an approved AdSense account
  • Affiliate marketing pays more than AdSense
  • Most of the affiliate companies offer PayPal as a payment method, whereas AdSense does not.
  • You can find affiliate products for all niches, but AdSense is not allowed on certain niches.
  • AdSense offers recurring income, whereas affiliate marketing pays once per shot.
  • AdSense is managed by Google alone, whereas there are many large and small affiliate companies.
  • Affiliate ads are more attractive, whereas we don’t have control over AdSense ads.
Oh, I didn't know that Adsense doesn't pay by Paypal. Thanks.

What do they pay by then, bank transfers?

Marcos

In days long past you could make real good amounts of money with adsense but now adsense only pays pennies for most clicks so it will take thousands of clicks to make what you can make from one affiliate conversion.

I say that unless you have a highly busy website then you should go with affiliate marketing over adsense.

Catherine1

In days long past you could make real good amounts of money with adsense but now adsense only pays pennies for most clicks so it will take thousands of clicks to make what you can make from one affiliate conversion.

I say that unless you have a highly busy website then you should go with affiliate marketing over adsense.
I keep hearing that Adsense was better for people to make a lot of money in the past. I guess I missed out on that. :(

I hard that some things do still pay a lot depending on what the niche or keyword is. I can't remember exactly how it was worded but I read that if your website is in a particular field then you get more for the clicks on your Adsense advertisements.

ulterios

It's usually easier to make more money quicker by doing some form of affiliate marketing on your site over AdSense. To make good money from AdSense you need to have good quality traffic with lots of unique visitors to help increase your chances of people clicking on your AdSense ads.

Affiliate marketing doesn't usually take as many clicks to make an equal amount of money as with AdSense. However, with AdSense you will earn something when people just click on the ads and with affiliate marketing (ads) you won't.

Myself, I prefer to use both on many of my sites just to cover the different situations. This method is usually consistent for me with a steady earning stream.

Maria Marketing

I have read that Google can ban you from Adsense at any time very easily so you may want to keep that in mind also. I hear that they are very strict and sometimes ban you if they even think you did something wrong. Just be careful if you use Adsense.

ulterios

I have read that Google can ban you from Adsense at any time very easily so you may want to keep that in mind also. I hear that they are very strict and sometimes ban you if they even think you did something wrong. Just be careful if you use Adsense.
Yes they can and that is part of their TOS. They won't do it without a good reason but many people just don't realize that they are doing something that they are not supposed to do.

Things like clicking on your own ads, buying traffic to send to your AdSense site, having thin or very poor content and a number of other things can get you banned.

Stick to the rules and guidelines that they set and you will be fine.

Marcos

I keep hearing that Adsense was better for people to make a lot of money in the past. I guess I missed out on that. :(

I hard that some things do still pay a lot depending on what the niche or keyword is. I can't remember exactly how it was worded but I read that if your website is in a particular field then you get more for the clicks on your Adsense advertisements.
Yes some keywords do pay much more than other keywords I am sure but the fact is that the adsense earning are much lower than in the past years. I have noticed that people do not talk about it as much as they used to also and that might be an indication of it's popularity.

Traveler

I like affiliate marketing better myself because you can make a lot of money much faster than with google adsense most of the times because of what google pays for clicks.

Maria Marketing

Yes they can and that is part of their TOS. They won't do it without a good reason but many people just don't realize that they are doing something that they are not supposed to do.

Things like clicking on your own ads, buying traffic to send to your AdSense site, having thin or very poor content and a number of other things can get you banned.

Stick to the rules and guidelines that they set and you will be fine.
Ok. It's just that the way people were saying things they made it seem like Google would just ban you for no good reason.

ulterios

Ok. It's just that the way people were saying things they made it seem like Google would just ban you for no good reason.
Many people think that Google will just ban you because but they always have a reason. The thing is that they are usually general in stating why (if at all) you were banned.

They don't get too much into detail. As long as you follow their guidelines then you shouldn't have any problems. ;)

vishwa

Google AdSense is one of the popular PPC Ad networks. AdSense pays you for clicks and impression. Getting approved by them is not an easy task. You also have to follow their terms otherwise your account get suspended. AdSense works great for newbies. Affiliate marketing gives you decent money for every sale you deliver. However you can use the combination of AdSense and affiliate marketing on your website or blog. I am currently using both of them in my blog.

Maria Marketing

Google AdSense is one of the popular PPC Ad networks. AdSense pays you for clicks and impression. Getting approved by them is not an easy task. You also have to follow their terms otherwise your account get suspended. AdSense works great for newbies. Affiliate marketing gives you decent money for every sale you deliver. However you can use the combination of AdSense and affiliate marketing on your website or blog. I am currently using both of them in my blog.
Adsense pays for impressions? I thought that they only paid if someone clicks on an advertisement.

Catherine1

It's usually easier to make more money quicker by doing some form of affiliate marketing on your site over AdSense. To make good money from AdSense you need to have good quality traffic with lots of unique visitors to help increase your chances of people clicking on your AdSense ads.

Affiliate marketing doesn't usually take as many clicks to make an equal amount of money as with AdSense. However, with AdSense you will earn something when people just click on the ads and with affiliate marketing (ads) you won't.

Myself, I prefer to use both on many of my sites just to cover the different situations. This method is usually consistent for me with a steady earning stream.
After doing some more reading on it there seems to be many people that recommend both so I might try that and see how it works.

Maria Marketing

They paid both for impressions and clicks. If you have high quality traffic than they will also pays for impressions as well. You can verify it on performance tab of Adsense account.
I did not know that. I thought Adsense only paid for clicks. Thank you for the info. :D

Storm

Unless you have a very high ranking site with a whole lot of traffic or a high CPC then affiliate marketing will usually make you more that Adsense if done right.