Which Freelancer sites to hire good writers?

HenaryMagas

When it comes to article writing, iwriter, ninjaessays, customwritings is the top in all performance metrics.

Vetting for writers is high class and there are various levels of payments to writers depending on your budget and required quality.

Penalties for shoddy work on the part of writers can be very expensive which goes a long way in maintaining very high standards.

According to you, Which Freelancer sites do you prefer to hire writers to write articles for your blogs? and why do you prefer it? have you find writers from forums or social networks?

Thanks.

cwvps

For two years now I hire people on Elance (now UpWork). There are a lot of professional and skilled people that have really reasonable rates. I have never had a bad experience there. Don't ever hire people who have cheap rates or their average mark is under 4. Before you decide to hire anyone, make sure you read what they said about their previous clients in the comments and what did those clients say about them. I have also always skipped those people who send you generated messages which start with "Dear Sir..." :)

PTTed

I have hired writers from a number of places. The means by which I find a writer depends on the type of project I am working on.

If it is a tiny project and the content quality doesn't much matter, then I might just go to Fiverr.com for one of those $5 gigs.

If it is a serious project where I need high quality writing, I used to always go to Odesk.com to find them which is now Upwork.com.

I find myself hiring writers less often than I used to simply because my recent projects demand the highest quality content. And I have found that the highest quality content is pretty darn expensive. When I say "highest quality content" in this context I am referring to the best and most useful content you can find on the internet (kind of like someone who could produce a good Wikipedia caliber article about a topic).

I would much rather hire someone I already know such as a friend from a forum. I would always rather give my business/money to someone I know rather than a stranger. I think the vast majority of people feel the same way.