Which are the most effective methods to get your website indexed

Lucian Lada

Which are the most effective methods which you use to get your new website indexed in search engines like Google, Bing
I search on google for free advertising forums and blogs allowing comments with links to have my links on them.

With a high quality forum with huge traffic then google bots or other search engines bots are always on the site thus when you have the links on the forum, the bots will follow your links to your site and it will be indexed or cached very fast.

Nytshade

To get your website indexed on search engines then simply submit your website and its sitemap to various search engines. You'll need to create a sitemap for your site, if you're using wordpress then there's a lot of different plugins that can help you create a sitemap easy.

To submit your website to google then go to google.com/webmasters and add your website, verify that you're the owner and also add your sitemap. For bing and yahoo then go to bing.com/toolbox/webmaster and do the same thing you did on google webmaster tools. Then your content will get indexed on those search engines.

Another great way to get your content indexed fast is to post your content on active social media accounts (the ones you own btw), also make sure you have sharing buttons placed on your site so that visitors can easily bookmark and share your content online.

Do some blog commenting on popular blogs in your niche and some forum marketing as recommended above.

One thing you need to avoid at all cost is pinging, never ping your website. The process of pinging has a lot of security risks.

Hope that helps.

Mark007

I would consider the below methods to be the most effective to index webpages:
1. Sitemap submission to webmaster tool
2. Social media promotion to drive traffic. They help to get your webpage cache faster by crawlers.

PTTed

Which are the most effective methods which you use to get your new website indexed in search engines like Google, Bing

The fastest way I know of to get new pages indexed in Google is to get links from social media sites especially from a really active account on Twitter with a lot of followers.

If you want pages to actually stay indexed on Google then you need 2 things, unique content (preferably high value content) and Google PageRank. If the page has enough PageRank it will stay indexed in Google. If the PageRank diminishes past a low threshold then Google will move it to the supplemental index or just deindex it.

If your website doesn't have that many pages on it, then it is easy to keep the pages indexed. Just make sure you spread links around inside your site so that the PageRank gets dispersed well. If your website has thousands of pages on it, then some of those deep inner pages can begin shrinking into the abyss. The way to prevent that from happening is to get fresh links to them or to send them more PageRank.

If I launch a new site and I am in a hurry to get it indexed, I will create sitemaps for it typically using Wordpress SEO plugin from Yoast and then go get some social media links for random pages on the site. That gets it indexed fairly quickly. Google finds the new pages right away and then quickly discovers the sitemaps for the site.

I generally don't waste my time trying to get the sites indexed in Bing or Yahoo. I let that happen naturally. I don't usually get enough traffic from either Yahoo or Bing to waste my time worrying about it much. 90% of search engine traffic typically comes from Google on my sites. There are some exceptions, but that is the general rule. By the time I start building real traffic to a site in Google, the other search engines have already indexed the most important pages on the site.

Reactions: ims

Adrianhenry

The fastest way I know of to get new pages indexed in Google is to get links from social media sites especially from a really active account on Twitter with a lot of followers.
why not is Facebook?
So, I should tweet my new posts on Twitter daily to get index fast, right?

PTTed

why not is Facebook?
So, I should tweet my new posts on Twitter daily to get index fast, right?

Facebook should work fine as well as long as the page is able to be crawled by Googlebot. If you have to log into Facebook to see the page that links to your site, then that means Googlebot can't see that link. If the page can be seen by anyone including someone who doesn't even have a Facebook account, then that page can be seen by Googlebot. It doesn't mean that your page will be seen though. The bot has to be directed to that page somehow.

Twitter works really well because every link you create gets put right into a feed where the Googlebot can crawl it. And because Twitter is a source of fast news, Googlebot spends a lot of time there. Google wants to index news instantly. Therefore they have their bots crawling Twitter links continuously.

If your Twitter account has more followers and if those followers actively follow the links in your feed, then Googlebot will be more likely to crawl your feed faster.

I don't know how much time Googlebot spends on your specific Twitter feed. If you tweet often and you have a lot of followers then Googlebot probably spends a lot of time there. If you don't tweet very often and if you have very few followers, then Google is going to be slower to crawl your feed which would slow down the indexing process.

Facebook should work fine as well as long as the page is able to be crawled by Googlebot. If you have to log into Facebook to see the page that links to your site, then that means Googlebot can't see that link. If the page can be seen by anyone including someone who doesn't even have a Facebook account, then that page can be seen by Googlebot. It doesn't mean that your page will be seen though. The bot has to be directed to that page somehow.
I have seen more facebook pages got high rankings on search engines, but no for FB profiles

I am wondering why that.

Enter your URL on Google's URL submission page.

Link to new content from a blog

Allow visitors to share your content

Verify your site with Google Search Console

Use Google Search Console to track your website.

Create an HTML site map.

Divide your site map into categories (optional).

Include a link to the HTML site map on every page.

Understand XML Sitemaps

Create your XML Sitemap.

Upload the Sitemap file to your site.

Test your XML Sitemap

Submit your XML Sitemap.

Dean

The fastest way to get your site indexed by Google and Bing is to add them to your webmaster / search console accounts at Google and Bing, then submit a sitemap there. You can also do a "Fetch as Google" and "Submit URL" in Google and Bing respectively and that will get your site indexed really fast.

If you don't have an account at Google Search Console or Bing Webmaster Tools then create one (they are free) and follow the above procedure. Your site/s will be indexed faster than any other method out there.

Hope this helps.

Cheers, Dean.

Mary klipyard

Submit Website URL to Search Engines
Create or Update Social Profiles
Share Your New Website Link
Bookmark It
Create Offsite Content

Use these methods to get quick index of your websites in search engines

Argus

Submit Website URL to Search Engines
Create or Update Social Profiles
Share Your New Website Link
Bookmark It
Create Offsite Content

Use these methods to get quick index of your websites in search engines
Please excuse me but some of the seo and website things are new to me. What does it mean to Bookmark It and Create Offsite Content?

Mary klipyard

Please excuse me but some of the seo and website things are new to me. What does it mean to Bookmark It and Create Offsite Content?

Social bookmarking is a centralized online service which allows users to add, annotate, edit, and share bookmarks.
Social bookmarking is a way for people to store, organize, search, and manage “bookmarks” of web pages. Users save links to web pages that they like or want to share, using a social bookmarking site to store these links. These bookmarks are usually public, and can be viewed by other members of the site where they are stored

Argus

Social bookmarking is a centralized online service which allows users to add, annotate, edit, and share bookmarks.
Social bookmarking is a way for people to store, organize, search, and manage “bookmarks” of web pages. Users save links to web pages that they like or want to share, using a social bookmarking site to store these links. These bookmarks are usually public, and can be viewed by other members of the site where they are stored
So then these are like sharing websites for website pages? Where do you do this at?