What's the best way for novices to learn SEO?

JennyJ

I've been trying to learn more about SEO to help my blog improve it's ranks and traffic and it's proving to be a slow process for many reasons that I won't get into right now.

So, I want to know what some members think is the best way for a novice to learn SEO better. Any recommendations or help will be appreciated. :D

Catherine1

I'm a novice just as you are and how I have been learning, or trying to learn, is by searching in Google and reading articles on SEO on blogs that cover that topic.

I've also been asking a lot of questions here. Some make sense and some not maybe but it has helped me to get a better understand of SEO or at least some aspects of it.

Traveler

If you want to learn about seo then you need to do a lot of reading. You can check out some of the big seo blogs like the one on moz.com.

ulterios

If you want to learn more about SEO then you are going to want to read on the subject as much as you can. You just want to make sure that what you are reading is from reliable sources. There are WAY too many self-proclaimed SEO guru's that really don't know what they are talking about that you will want to avoid.

Some good sources that you can find some good SEO information to get an understanding on the subject on are:

searchengineland.com
searchenginewatch.com
moz.com/blog

Dean

Learning SEO isn't really easy so I would recommend the same things as the others and that is that you should read all you can on SEO and when you don't understand something or are not sure about it then ask someone. You can post a question in the forum here and some members will probably be able to help you out.

Some places that can help you to learn a little about SEO are sites like backlinko, sproutsocial, the Google webmasters blog and the moz blog. You can do some Google searches also and find some google sites to check out.

KeralMTG

I am always looking to learn about more seo things so I always try to read seo blog posts in google. One good way is to try things out that you learn and see if they help your website. If they do not help then try other seo methods.