What makes up a good writing

MidnightAngel

Depends on what you're writing. Plot, Storyline, Characters, the Climax, the Beginning, all of those make for good writing, strong writing. Spelling, grammar, punctuation, no run-on sentences, those also make for good writing. No matter what you're writing, fiction, non-fiction, articles, blogs, etc. Strong spelling and proper grammar make what you've written something that someone else wants to read. A lot of other factors make up good writing as well, consistency, accuracy, formatting, and more. If you write something with a lot of errors, whether in formatting or spelling or grammar, it could turn off the reader immediately. Bad writing is just bad...lol

Last edited by a moderator:

OsetriRosehart

Good writing means that reader should read the whole article after just seeing the first line. If you are writing for SEO purpose. It should contain (less prepositions,article and other 2 letter words as it resemble with spinned article). Also, try to use variety of related words.

Will Smith

Do not mention which field of writing here, when it comes to me, good writing means that you make customer engage with your post and want to follow you for other posts. To obtain that, writers should:
- Read more to know what customers want to read, what are their preferences? Do they like formal writing or an interesting, funny story?
- I would say that the writing skill can be improved over time, you will write better if you have Experiences. Writing for a long time will help you improve the coherence of the post, or you will know the way to generate attractive ideas.

Dean

This all depends on the nature of the people reading the article as well as the writer writing it. I have found that it's best to write articles that are both informative and entertaining as well. Always try to talk TO the people who will be reading the written work and not AT them. Write as if you are talking to a friend or friends and it will come across as being more personal and comforting.

I do not consider myself a writer but I have written hundreds of posts. Using the methods I stated above has achieved me, a non-writer, a decent amount of success.

Always try to be comforting in your writing and make your readers enjoy what they are reading and they will keep returning!

Cheers, Dean.

KeralMTG

I think good writing is something that people like reading and don't just read it and not enjoy it. I think you have to make the readers want to read more of your things because they enjoyed the first thing they read of yours.

Ana

I have always thought that good writers will make the readers entertained and want to keep reading. Make them laugh and smile if you can and that is also good.

Muzzamil

What would you really say what makes a good writing?

Please share your opinion
A good writing is that directly talks to the audience. If people can't relate to your writing, they are very less likely to pay attention unless your writing is about a controversial subject. Even if the writing doesn't relate to the audience, reader should feel like they got a lot of value because when readers read something and they feel like didn't get any value, they tend to dislike the author and fell like they have wasted their time. This makes them not want to read your stuff anymore. Good Luck!

Storm

A good writing is that directly talks to the audience.
That is so true. I have seen way to many writers that have blog posts and articles that are just so bland and boring to read. I think you need to catch the readers attention and make them want to continue reading more of your posts.

Catherine1

When I was in college one of my professors said that the sign of a good writer is one that makes the readers want more and more as they are reading something. Make them want to continue reading just to see what comes next. I think if you keep your readers attention and make them want more then that will be a good mark of good writing.

Maria Marketing

I know that everyone has their own opinion on this but for me what makes great writing is for a writer to be able to get their point across to their readers, keep their readers attention and to provide any and all information that should be provided and to do it in a way that keeps their readers attention.

Too many writers have blah, blah writing and it just doesn't keep their readers wanting to read more. Make your readers want and need more and that can help achieve better writing success.

ulterios

I think that there are going to be different answers for many people on this one. To me though, good writing is when a writter can keep my interest all the way through an article and not make me loose interest in what I am reading.

Everyone is going to have different things that they like and I can loose interest in something quickly if it doesn't keep me wanting to continue reading and wanting to have more.

Keep me interested, keep my mind on what I am reading and even throw in a little humor and you will usually have me finishing the article and wanting to read more! ;)

Shuqallilum

Good writing is like building a structure. Grammar and spelling is the foundation. Then comes style and psychology.

ulterios

Good writing is like building a structure. Grammar and spelling is the foundation. Then comes style and psychology.
I have never heard it put that way before but it's very appropriate. Very nice comparison, i'll have to remember that one! ;)