What is SEO?

Blackreign78

All over the net I keep seeing the term SEO. I have no idea what it is, what it means, or how to use it.

Could someone be so kind as to Please explain to me the whole SEO thing. I am totally clueless as to what it entails and how I can use it to my advantage.

Give me the breakdown.
Thanks!

sam.hunt0710

SEO ( Search Engine Optimization )

On- Page Seo.:- Title , Meta description , Meta keywords, Alt tags , Heading , Text/Html ratio , Robots.Txt ,XML-Sitemap , Google Analytics code , SEO friendly URL , Responsive design.

Off-page Seo :- Backlinking , Blog posting(High PR /PA/DA) , Article submission , Social Bookmarking , Press release , Directory listing and various more ways.

For Off-page Seo we can use

White Hat seo :- All work done in this process manually.

Grey Hat seo :- We use Manual working + auto tools .

Black Hat seo : Using various tools like GSA SER , SENUKEX etc .

Muzzamil

All over the net I keep seeing the term SEO. I have no idea what it is, what it means, or how to use it.

Could someone be so kind as to Please explain to me the whole SEO thing. I am totally clueless as to what it entails and how I can use it to my advantage.

Give me the breakdown.
Thanks!
SEO stands for search engine optimization. We use SEO to rank our websites higher on google or any other search engine. For example, getting on the first page of google.

Dean

In basic terms SEO is a set of varying techniques and methods that you would use to help your website or blog be more search engine friendly so that it can find and rank the content appropriately.

Some sites are just a mess for the search engines to crawl and see exactly what is on that site and rank it where it should be according to them. SEO helps make your site easier for the search engines to find all content and put it in thier search index where they think it should be.

Cheers, Dean.

edifymedia

Search engine optimization (SEO) is the process of affecting the visibility of a website or a web page in a web search engine's unpaid results — often referred to as "natural," "organic," or "earned" results

Traveler

SEO is simply things that you do to make your website get better rankings in search engine sites so that your website can get more people to visit your site. Some things in SEO you do on your website to improve it and some things you do in other places like building links for your site. If you do not do SEO for your website then it will not get the best rankings in the search sites.