What is a quality link?

surferz

Could you tell me all elements in a quality link?

I heard more and very more times about building quality backlinks for my site but I am still getting confused how was a quality link?

elcidofaguy

A quality link is from a website which is well established, trusted by Google and is ranking really well on the SERPs and gets a ton of traffic...

I would of recommended PR (Page Rank) as an indicator but that is no longer publicly updated by Google for a couple of years now and there is no plans to ever do so again... So forget PR and instead use 3rd party metrics such as MOZ DA/PA Majestic CF/TF... Also check the website on search results for its main keywords in order to get an idea of how well it ranks and gets traffic (you can also use G's keyword planner tool with typing in the domain for some additional indicators)...

Ideally if you get a link on the home page then in most cases you'll get a great boost from the link juice...But as mentioned it has to be on sites which G considers authoritative...

tutughosh

Quality Links mean how much Authority does that Domain has from where you link to your Site.. Now PR and DA is mostly useless Metrics.. It's better if you can evaluate the Links using MajesticSeo. Their Metrics alogo is much better than any other. And Domain which has CF/TF more than 20 is Good to get Link From.

In search engine optimization (SEO) terminology, aquality backlink is abacklinkthat links to yourWeb siteusing your keywordsor keyword phrase, and also appears on a Web site that has the same theme or similar content topic as your own Web site.

Dean

A quality link is basically just a link that comes from a quality website. A website that has good authority, ranking, is in the good graces of Google, Bing and the other search engine websites and has all other good characteristics that a good quality website should have.

Basically if the link comes from a real good site with no bad characteristics and is viewed as a quality website then the link coming from there is a quality link.

Cheers, Dean.

ulterios

A quality link is one that comes from a website that will help your rankings, is from a well trusted authority website, is on a good website that gets a lot of traffic and is a dofollow link so that your site will get link juice from it to help the rankings of your website.

There are a few other tings that help determine if the site you would get a link from is a quality website or not but these are a few of the more important factors.

If you get a link from a website filled with a bunch of scraped content, has way too much advertising, has any kind of malicious things and/or is listed as a spam website would be an example of what a bad quality link would be.

High quality links will help your site get better rankings in the search engines and can generate more traffic because of this and a bad quality link is one that comes from a website that will hurt the rankings of your website.

Always try to build/seek backlinks from quality websites and that will help your site in many ways. ;)

Storm

A quality link is just a link that goes to your website from a good quality website of someone or some business. A quality website will not be full of spam, low quality content and articles and will be one that is ranking well in the search results and is an authority site so the link will be more valuable to your site.

Ben

Quality links are based on the links from the site which was relevant to your niche. The links from irrelevant sites are always considered as poor link and it make you to look as spam.
So I should only try to get links from sites that are about the same thing mine is about?

So I should only try to get links from sites that are about the same thing mine is about?
It's not getting links from a similar site of yours as they will be your competitor, its getting links from the site that would be relevant to your site. For example, if you are a building contractor, then you can get links from plumbers, bricks manufacturers, steel manufacturers.

Reactions: Ben

Maria Marketing

I can not tell you what all the elements are to determine if a link is a quality link but I can tell you some of them.

1. The link is from a good quality website that isn't full of junk content.

2. The website the link comes from has high rankings in all of the best metrics.

3. The link is a dofollow link so it passes some of it's link juice to your website

4. The website isn't listed as a malware website, spam website or other harmful listing that can hurt your website.

There are some other things but these are some of the more important things to look for and keep in mind.

Marcos

A quality link is just a link from a quality website. One that is in the good graces of Google is a way to look at it. A website that has nice content, is an authority website in it's niche, is established as a good website for at least a while and is one that has good numbers in all of the metrics that are important to websites.

Pagerank used to be a big factor but I heard that Google is not letting us know of that anymore like they did a few years ago.

Sudipta Sen

A quality back link is a back link that links to your Web site using your keywords and also appears on a Web site that has the same theme or similar content topic as your own Web site.