What do you think of infographics?

CharlesKClayton

What do you think about infographics? Are they good tool for generating backlinks? The question arise in my mind when i was browsing infographics and saw that now a days people are using duplicate infographic to get backlinks. I assume that one day Google will refine its algorithm and hit those websites which are using duplicate infographics, please share your valuable opinion in this regard,
Thanks.

PTTed

I think infographics are an excellent tool for improving the content quality on your website and for use as link bait. That is assuming you are creating really high quality infographics. There are many low quality infographics out there that won't generate any links and won't impress website visitors at all. But if you produce high quality infographics that are well planned and well thought out, then yes I think they are an excellent addition to your website for many reasons.

I recall Matt Cuts saying that Google would take action against anything "including infographics" if the get abused by spammers. If infographic spamming becomes a big issue, then yes I think Google will probably begin nullifying whether the links embedded in them are going to pass PageRank. If they don't get overly abused, then I think they will continue being excellent link bait and link building tools.

cwvps

I personally love to see a good infographic - if it's well designed, eye-catching, with concise and meaningful info. Planning and creating an infographic I see as a challenge and as more people start creating them I suppose there will be more and more infographic spamming, just like it is with everything else.

VPServer

Infographic is good for increasing traffic and attracting peoples. Many of peoples purchase because they impressed by infographic which claim lot of things.

Google will punish them for using duplicate infographic.