What are the best posting methods for Social Media?

David Ewen

What are the best posting methods for Social Media? What content is better? When posting text, what should be written?

What are the best posting methods for Social Media? What content is better? When posting text, what should be written?
According to me, a little content with images are better for social media to have attentions from viewers. I don't know why but images always are better, it's always attract viewers better than text.

Nytshade

What are the best posting methods for Social Media?

Simply be entertaining, informative, funny, human and just be you, have fun. Don't be a robot and post tutorial after tutorial or promotion after promotion. Remember, it's a social network so people go there to socialize and find new content.

So mix up the content you post with tutorials, news (niche related), memes (once in a while though), affiliate links, squeeze page, competitions, interviews, videos etc. just mix up your content. Respond to comments and encourage people to share your content.

When posting text, what should be written?

Using images and adding your link does work but it doesn't bring more traffic as compared to posting the URL and let the social site pull the thumbnail from your site with title and description of the content you're sharing. Just as long as the thumbnail is bigger than 450 x 250 pixels it will work well on Google+ and Facebook.

On twitter, both plane text with link with or without image just brings the same results. I've never had better results for using images so I just stick to plane text and url, it works fine. On Tumblr you definitely need an image and url, actually Tumblr is a blogging platform but can be used as a social network because it has a really great community.

I don't know any other social network that gets things shared like on Tumblr, people like to reblog (reshare) stuff on tumblr which makes it easy for content to go viral and get crazy amount of backlinks.

When posting text, it's totally up to you as to what you should write. You know your audience better so you should be able to come up with a short description that will encourage them to click your link and share it.

Reactions: ims
According to me, a little content with images are better for social media to have attentions from viewers. I don't know why but images always are better, it's always attract viewers better than text.

Sure, the image is sensitive element which attract human emotion really fast. Sometimes, people like and share without reading inside the content. Using attractive image for post will attract more social media traffic.

Asides the image, Video is another important element. I found that video was shared by a lot of people, especially it often reached out Facebook algorithm.

David Ewen

That is true. For example, Facebook responses are greater for pictures and less so for a text post. Pictures make sense to be an add-on. What do you do if it is hard to find or take pictures for every post?

David Ewen

When you say 'video' do you mean a personal video from a cell phone? For example instead of written text, do you mean doing a selfie-video (perhaps with a selfie stick?), or do you mean grabbing a 'creative commons' license video. I'm thinking of the time it takes to create a video and what would be best for more effective posts.

Sure, the image is sensitive element which attract human emotion really fast. Sometimes, people like and share without reading inside the content. Using attractive image for post will attract more social media traffic.

Asides the image, Video is another important element. I found that video was shared by a lot of people, especially it often reached out Facebook algorithm.

david smith

What to post on social media depends on multiple factors like which is the social media website, what is the format and dimensions, is there any character limits, what topic is currently trending, etc. Thus knowing the social media platform well and knowing what is trending will help one decide better, what to post of on social media.