What are hashtags and how do I use them on social networks?

elasticcat

Hi,
I have seen more accounts on social networks using hashtags on their profile posts
I want to know what are hashtags and how do I use them for more profits?

elcidofaguy

Hashtags relates to twitter and how to search what other twitter users are saying... Its a bit like typing a word into Google search but in this case you'll see other peoples tweets which use the same hashtag with the newest ones on top together with some stickies which are ad placements... A hashtag is basically the use of # preceding a word...

Obviously the numbers of people searching/using hash tags for a given word is different right across the board from millions to literally zero... There is a lot fluctuation with trends, current affairs, news etc...

You can use hashtags to funnel traffic back to your site.. People see your tweet and can then click on a link to your site... from their you obviously present your offer or encourage people to sign up to your list...

Michael Meaney

Obviously the numbers of people searching/using hash tags for a given word is different right across the board from millions to literally zero... There is a lot fluctuation with trends, current affairs, news etc...
I am wondering more people using same hashtags then how to make my hash tags on top of search results when someone search them?

It has any rules for using hash tags ?

elcidofaguy

I am wondering more people using same hashtags then how to make my hash tags on top of search results when someone search them?

It has any rules for using hash tags ?

That's the problem... The only thing you can do is to retweet after a while or place an ad... The thing is that the longer you put time and effort into twitter the greater the number of followers you'll get... Over time it wont bother you that much that your tweet is no longer showing withing twitter's hashtag search as you'll be getting plenty of exposure from your followers...

JoeMilford

Hashtags relates to twitter and how to search what other twitter users are saying... Its a bit like typing a word into Google search but in this case you'll see other peoples tweets which use the same hashtag with the newest ones on top together with some stickies which are ad placements... A hashtag is basically the use of # preceding a word...

You can use hashtags to funnel traffic back to your site.. People see your tweet and can then click on a link to your site... from their you obviously present your offer or encourage people to sign up to your list...

Good and helpful explanation here, and it educated me as well. I have been trying to better use hashtags for a while now on my Twitter account and realize that my word choices just might be too obscure or abstract, lol.

goldlady

I've used hashtags since I joined twitter and instagram, but I never really knew what they were. This information you shared here taught me what they actually are. Thank you! What I do know is that in both social networks hashtags are a powerful tool to gain traffic in your accounts.