What are Facebook likes good for?

Maria Marketing

I see a lot of things around about getting Facebook likes for your Facebook page and I don't know exactly how that helps in any way other than knowing that people like what they are seeing.

What are Facebook likes for and how do they help your Facebook page?

Marcos

I am curious about this myself. I read a little information on it and they said it helps with brand awareness although I am not certain about the value of that.

Also I think it helps to draw more people because people like popular things and if your Facebook page has many likes then it must be popular.

Maria Marketing

Well everyone makes them out like they will make you more money if you have more of them so I wasn't sure of their main use.

Maria Marketing

It basically acts as a social proof, making the person aware that something good is happening on the post, which ultimately grabs their attention. This is how social works and always will.
So they are basically just used to get the attention of people who go to the facebook page?

Storm

I'm not sure but I heard that the more likes that your Facebook page has then the higher it will rank in searches on Facebook. I don't know this for a fact but I have seen it said in a few places when I was reading some posts around on different sites.

Maria Marketing

I'm not sure but I heard that the more likes that your Facebook page has then the higher it will rank in searches on Facebook. I don't know this for a fact but I have seen it said in a few places when I was reading some posts around on different sites.
That would make sense I guess. If people like something more than that should mean that it's more popular so maybe Facebook gives that page better search results because of that.

sam.hunt0710

If they are real like on any page , so if you are promoting any thing over your page all those Real likes will be seeing that post in their feed.

Suppose a brand is having 10,000 Real Like ( not botted ones ) then whenever that page will post anything on its wall that will be shown up over all 10k followers feed .

When these Followers - like , share , comment on that post .. friends in that particular follower circle will also get that in his / her feed .

@Maria Marketing and me are friend and @Maria Marketing has liked a page "XYZ" , when "XYZ" will post anything on their wall it will be shown as a latest feed for @Maria Marketing . Now if @Maria Marketing reacts to that post like comment or share , I will see that post in my feeds that @Maria Marketing has done some activity over "XYZ" page - post.

It will help in increasing engagement and activity over the page and getting good traffic over the link or what so ever content the page has posted.

Maria Marketing

If they are real like on any page , so if you are promoting any thing over your page all those Real likes will be seeing that post in their feed.

Suppose a brand is having 10,000 Real Like ( not botted ones ) then whenever that page will post anything on its wall that will be shown up over all 10k followers feed .

When these Followers - like , share , comment on that post .. friends in that particular follower circle will also get that in his / her feed .

@Maria Marketing and me are friend and @Maria Marketing has liked a page "XYZ" , when "XYZ" will post anything on their wall it will be shown as a latest feed for @Maria Marketing . Now if @Maria Marketing reacts to that post like comment or share , I will see that post in my feeds that @Maria Marketing has done some activity over "XYZ" page - post.

It will help in increasing engagement and activity over the page and getting good traffic over the link or what so ever content the page has posted.
Thanks

Then only real likes are good for anything and bought likes do nothing to help your Facebook page?

I read somewhere that likes can help your search ranking in Facebook when people search for something but I think that might be not true.

squeeze

More Facebook likes! This is the driving passion of some social media marketers. They desire it. They dream about it. They crave it. They somehow think that more Facebook likes is the panacea for all of the world’s ills.

Maria Marketing

Bot Likes will not work in any way , only Real likes works.

So try to post content which brings good engagement on your post .

Try Live Reaction Poll over your page its also a good way to get decent engagement over page and make it viral.
I don't know what a Live Reaction Poll is and have not heard of those. Is it like a survey?

More Facebook likes! This is the driving passion of some social media marketers. They desire it. They dream about it. They crave it. They somehow think that more Facebook likes is the panacea for all of the world’s ills.
I should just not worry about likes then?