What affiliate items sell the best on a blog?

Ellen F

Hi everybody, I have a question for you experienced marketers.

I wanted to know what affiliate items sell the best on blogs? I am going to be starting up a blog again and it's going to be general topics with some informational posts as well. Just kind of random things that I think that people might want to read or know.

After I get a nice amount of posts I want to put some ads for affiliate items but I don't know which would work best for this type of blog. I am hoping some of you can give me some good information and point me in the right direction.

All helpful information is genuinely appreciated.

Thanks everybody. :)

ulterios

Hi Ellen,

I think that it's going to be a little hard to answer this accurately. What affiliate items that would sell best on one blog might not do so well on another. One main reason is that many times you have to market affiliate items that are closely related to the articles on your blog as well as the type of audience that your blog has.

As an example, If you are getting a lot of readers from a certain age group and another similar blog is getting a lot of readers from a drastically different age group, that can have a big affect on what might do well.

So I think that after you have decided on exactly the topics you are going to write about, see what age groups, geo locations where your readers are and find out a few other important details, you will then be able to have more information to see what type of affiliate items will sell best on your blog.

I hope this helps at least a little! ;)

Maria Marketing

I think this will be easier to answer once you have your blog going and you get some data on who visits your blog and reads your posts.

Whilst it would be nice to be able to start your blog with the best affiliate items on it from the beginning so sales will happen right away, I think that it will take a little time and testing to see what will sell the best on your particular blog.

:)

Ellen F

Thank you both for your answers. I know that it's hard to know what will work for all blogs, but I was just curious as to what sell best in general overall.

I probably need to get the blog setup and some posts on it before I figure out what might work best. I was probably just getting ahead of myself.

I really appreciate your help guys.

Have a nice day!

Maria Marketing

You're welcome Ellen. I am also looking to create a new blog and trying to figure out what my advertising and affiliate marketing options will be.

I do think that I have talked myself into just waiting until it's ready to be shown to the world. Whilst I would like to have some kind of income potential right from day one, I might just wait a week or two and see who is visiting my blog. :)

Drewdude1992

I used to read reviews on blogs and forums and buy products from their recommendations.

I support hosting plans, webdesign packages and traffic services are the best products for selling on a blog.

Dean

I wanted to know what affiliate items sell the best on blogs? I am going to be starting up a blog again and it's going to be general topics with some informational posts as well. Just kind of random things that I think that people might want to read or know.

After I get a nice amount of posts I want to put some ads for affiliate items but I don't know which would work best for this type of blog. I am hoping some of you can give me some good information and point me in the right direction.

The things that usually sell best on a blog are items (product or service items) that are related to the niche of the blog. If you are going to have a cooking blog as an example, then cooking and/or food related items work well. It all depends on what your blog is about and it's topics.

People are going to your blog usually for what is on it as far as content, so having items that are related to that will work well since the visitor to your site is already interested in that topic.

Sometimes there are not affiliate items that are directly related to the niche of a blog so then you would want to get items that are at least closely related to the niche.

Hope this helps.

Cheers, Dean.

Ellen F

The things that usually sell best on a blog are items (product or service items) that are related to the niche of the blog. If you are going to have a cooking blog as an example, then cooking and/or food related items work well. It all depends on what your blog is about and it's topics.

People are going to your blog usually for what is on it as far as content, so having items that are related to that will work well since the visitor to your site is already interested in that topic.

Sometimes there are not affiliate items that are directly related to the niche of a blog so then you would want to get items that are at least closely related to the niche.

Hope this helps.

Cheers, Dean.
Thanks Dean, that makes sense. I don't know why I didn't think of that in the first place.

So then is it best to have all the affiliate items be that same for the entire blog or is it best to mix them up a little?

Ellen F

I used to read reviews on blogs and forums and buy products from their recommendations.

I support hosting plans, webdesign packages and traffic services are the best products for selling on a blog.
So then is it good to have reviews of the affiliate items that you are promoting on your blog?

Dean

Thanks Dean, that makes sense.
You are welcome Ellen.

So then is it best to have all the affiliate items be that same for the entire blog or is it best to mix them up a little?
They don't all have to be the same on all pages of your blog. A lot of people will put affiliate ads that relate to the article that is on a particular web page. Say for example you had a how-to blog for things around the home and you did a post on how to make your own candles. On that page you can put affiliate advertisements that are related to candles.

People have landed or found a particular page on your site because they were interested in what is on that page. So if your advertisements were for items that are related to what is on that page you will have a better chance of getting more conversions.

One thing though, you don't want to over do it and put too many ads. That can lead to ad blindness or it might just annoy your website visitors to the point that they leave and won't come back. Always try to find a nice clean way to post your ads and your site will do well.

Hope this helps.

Cheers, Dean.

Muzzamil

Whatever that is related to your blog. Or in other words do bridge marketing which is you blog about something and then explain how your blog relates to the affiliate product that you want to promote. There needs to be some sort of congruency. If you blog about sports and then promote money making product, then people are not likely to even look at the product because it doesn't interest them.

vishwa

According to me, You can almost anything with a blog. All you have to do is to implement right strategy. A killer review post and SEO can drive huge sales for you. It is also applicable on any products you want to sell. Blogs have huge potential to generate sales and leads. I personally doing it.

Traveler

According to me, You can almost anything with a blog. All you have to do is to implement right strategy. A killer review post and SEO can drive huge sales for you. It is also applicable on any products you want to sell. Blogs have huge potential to generate sales and leads. I personally doing it.
I am not that good at writing and reviews are probably going to be harder than posts for me. Do you think it's ok to have someone write the review for you? Some freelancer type of site maybe?

matteomatt

One thing I will say since they covered alot is, consider large merchants like Amazon that have a huge range of products. For example if you have a health site it is easy to sell amazon products, because in that niche it is BY FAR the cheapest way to buy anything. Supplements can be expensive, so this works good.

Thats just one example, it will depend on your niche, but Amazon has alot.

Storm

One thing I will say since they covered alot is, consider large merchants like Amazon that have a huge range of products. For example if you have a health site it is easy to sell amazon products, because in that niche it is BY FAR the cheapest way to buy anything. Supplements can be expensive, so this works good.

I have never used amazon as an affiliate, do you get to pick the products that you put on your website or are they generated automatically?

Ben

The things that will probably sell the best on most blogs are things that compliment what the subject matter of the blog is. If the blog is about recipes then probably cooking or food related items will probably do well.

Ellen F

Thanks for the reply. I was away from blogging and internet marketing for a while but I am starting up a new blog so I will look into trying out Amazon for my needs. I forgot they had an affiliate program. Thanks.